Neeko wa Tsurai yo - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - The Neet when she is reminiscing about the past

Contributor
I grew up with depression. So in my case, when I was a teenager, I sort of assumed I'd kill myself by age 30.

Haha, fuck you brat. I'm 31.

I mean, I'm not happy, but I'm coping and slowly improving my life despite myself.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus. First time I've ever been happy I was smart enough as a 6 year old to realize I had the choice to work my butt off and tryhard at schoolwork and everything as a kid so I'd grow to be a successful person or to laze away my first 18ish years and then toil for the rest of my life.

This manga is too real, the mangaka must've been in a bad place in their life.

Aggregator gang
this is pretty much me... again..
at elementary school i want to become an engineer, now that i got an engineer bachelor ... im doing nuftin except reading manga or helping my parent shop or gaming... im pretty sure my old self when i was highschool i want to work in the nation company on the power plant ... now its just a dream .. well next year im gonna try again the recruitment, this manga will be my source of motivation .. great manga ;v

Aggregator gang
This hits me.. except I'm the opposite. I wasn't as bright or optimistic as her, I'm still the same with no goals or anything special... Also got my bachelor degree but no job..

Fed-Kun's army
Sure I do chores at home, but damn even Watamote and Punpun didn't hit me this hard

Dex-chan lover
I had half a year being Neet, finished study but so hard to find any decent job.
Read this remind me of that time a lot, as I was kinda like her: bright, enegetic, very positive about my future as well.
But come out to social and realize I am nothing but your every guy is just painful. So I was hiding in my home.
Though without monthly allowance, I had to find work.
First I landed on a labour one, its tough, but I am tough as well, so everything is ok and I got some nice experience. Then a guy in that office quitted, and I ,with my degree just jumped right in, and I am still in the spot. Not the best job, but it feeds me.
Being a Neet is scary, very much so.
Sometime I am just terrified remember about that time.
Ps: and now Im waiting and watching this girl, hope one day she becomes someone she can be proud of.

While reading this manga, I couldn't quite remember another manga similar to this until now, which is https://mangadex.org/title/33275/she-doesn-t-know-why-she-lives
I feel like this is what would happen to the MC if she continued to live her life stagnated without family support but have a job.

Group Leader
This hits me hard. I also suffered from depression and lost my will and confidence to live my everyday life. I bet the younger me who looked forward to a successful future would be disappointed to see me at this state.

This is too relatable :/. About to finish my bachelor's but I have no idea what I'm going to do in the near future, life is a lot easier not having to worry about these things back in elementary school and even high school.

Users who are viewing this thread