Neeko wa Tsurai yo - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - The NEET Excitedly Going to Buy a Switch

Dex-chan lover
I know that Neeko-chan needs to grow up. Hell, I'd like a job as well, but putting her through this will be traumatic. The step forward that the mom hopes for is going to end up nineteen steps backwards.

Dex-chan lover
That is so dirty, definitely not the correct approach.

Social Anxiety + Console Release Day + Suddenly Surprise Job.

I hope they don't expect her to leave her room in a month after that lol.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah this doesn't seem like a bad idea at all and won't backfire in any way

Aggregator gang
I'm getting anxiety too. In the real world this could stop and reverse all her improvement.

I hope the next chapter takes a realistic approach and has her dropping the apron and locking herself up in her room, there's no way someone like her could pull through a surprise part time job on console release day.

Banned
God, i wish she got overwhelmed and throw up in the next chapter and felt like wanting to kill herself

Even without social anxiety. Working retail on a major release day or holiday is hell on earth. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

It's actually our chance to evaluate if the author is capable of portraying the reality of such a situation, or is just a shill. If Neeko succeeds and magically stops being a hermit because of this job, I'm going to assume the author is just a paid mouthpiece of the Japanese government.

Wow, that was just plain devious. Someone with strong anxiety will just fall apart if they are forced into that situation.

I Don't wish this even for my enemies, after working on a supermarket during christmas week, i can say this is hell

@gghhzz I have hopes that they don't just go "oops she can totally work without any training whatsoever!". The author has previously addressed the rather severe depression and anxiety that Neeko goes through, and while it wasn't a slam dunk depiction it was at least handled with a little bit of care.

Dex-chan lover
As a person suffering from the same anxiety as Neeko, I would fucking run away from that place in a heart beat. No way I'd stay and work there.

This is just a terrible thing to do. They knew she had some major issues and betraying her trust like that isn't going to help.

Double-page supporter
@MacMeaties

Ah fuck...

Let me guess she gets through it despite having no training whatsoever and an unresolved severe social anxiety and just does an ok job that gets her a switch of her own plus her lil sis switch.

If its that im dropping the manga and will tell the author to go fuck themselves

Dex-chan lover
@vTool
@Fyren
@gghhzz
@Xitel
@MaxReboBand
You all are over reacting saying that if she doesn't break this is just bullshit, while i don't condone the strategy, it is pretty much a shock therapy it could work, remember neeko was once ongoing, with a lot of friends and one of the most popular, but bc of a really bad first interview she lost all of her spirit, so it is sort of possible that this push (which it is one to an abyss) could work.

Users who are viewing this thread