Neeko wa Tsurai yo - Vol. 5 Ch. 27 - Imoko Gets Drunk Off Sweet Sake

Dex-chan lover
Ah this magic japanese alcohol. Even smell of it or 1 piece of liquor chocolate turns you into someone other and next day you won't remember a thing. No vomiting and hangover as a bonus!
FFS, just get characters drunk in normal way and stop with this shitty trope! Otherwise no complains, little bit of yuri makes everything better. And author draws some damn cute flustered faces and expressions, not gonna lie.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, not a fan of using the word butch for ikemen. Otherwise, funny chapter. The author really likes to tease us with the Yuri bait.

Dex-chan lover
No one commenting on the mom wanting to feed them the sake again?...

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this chapter doesn't fit in with the rest of the series. Also her friend came off kinda shitty here, trying to make her drunk to take advantage of the situation. In other series it might be easier to laugh it off as some silly gag, but something about it here just really rubbed me the wrong way. And Imoko knowingly says that stuff to Neeko? Uh, why?

@Chizan It was her friend not her mum.

Fed-Kun's army
@SuperOniichan
In the past it was 50% share of ghibli studio (why am I keep pronounce it as chibi? =)) ) and Osamu Tezuka. But now, yes, it is 100% :3

Dex-chan lover
@ReaperCreeper It seems too obvious, but does Imoko's friend really have a one-sided crush on her?

@yurirei Do you love Tezuka-sensei and Ghibli so much? Do you love old school that much? Or are you just as old as me lol?

Fed-Kun's army
@SuperOniichan
Can't say. I'm honestly have no idea. I just simply thought Tezuka's works were (and are) the best. It win readers because of great thought-provoking and very enjoyable not sexual graphic. That is a rare thing nowaday, my friend.

Dex-chan lover
@yurirei Well, I absolutely loved Dororo, especially his unobtrusive social criticism, but unfortunately I only watched the remake. However, people say it wasn't much different except for the final twist and a few accents.

Does imoko really mask herself as cheerful girl? Does it mean that she acrually see her NEET sister with disgust?

Fed-Kun's army
@SuperOniichan
I prefer orig works so I haven't watch much adaptation. Dororo is more Japanesish so I couldn't fully get it very well in the past. I wonder if I'll be able to understand it now :))

Dex-chan lover
@yurirei Couldn't understand? I've always thought Dororo was a criticism of social inequality and how parents choose their children's lives over them.

@eRW298 In my country there is an idiom "what the sober has in mind, the drunk has on the tongue."

@SuperOniichan your country must have strong drinking culture, don't they?

Back to topic, Imoko also said that she loves her sister, so the cheerful act might help her sister cope with the fact that she is a NEET..

What is behind imoko's act actually nobody knows. It could be pure love to suppport her sister or there is some trace of disgust seeing a NEET as sister. Do you think is it normal to see NEET with disgust and hatred?

@ReaperCreeper imoko knowingly said those things. She might want to give her sister a push. But seeing how the story progress I don't think embarassing her NEET sister will solve her interview trauma.

I don't know, but imoko might see her sister with a bit disgust. She is, well, NEET after all. Does it normal for her to look down on her sister at this point?

Dex-chan lover
@eRW298 Of course. Cold temperatures, plus the tradition of drinking for a long time to soothe emotional wounds, and you often end up turning into alcoholic as a result. Well, I've been NEET for a long time myself, so I know how it feels. Especially when people do not know how to "help" you at all, but they try.

Users who are viewing this thread