Neeko wa Tsurai yo - Vol. 6 Ch. 39 - It's Tough Being Neeko

Dex-chan lover
Good luck, Neeko!

I quite like this ending where she's still looking for a job. From a writer's perspective, her story about trauma to taking small steps to overcome her past was told wonderfully. It didn't need a perfect ending with her getting a job, her continued persistence to look for a job is a more satisfying ending than seeing her have a job. Sometimes life is just hard, and this was a story about getting back up and never giving up.

Dex-chan lover
Not a fan how this ended. It feels like the author just kind of gave up and half-heartedly ended it. I'm proud of Neeko still looking for work despite her setbacks, but this feels more like a 90's anime non-ending than anything else.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She resonated with me so much at the beginning of the series. It was so mentally tough on me back then, almost reached panic attack sometimes lol. Unlike Neeko I was alone, didn't want to bother anyone but still became inconvenience for parents. Thinking back, that was pretty bad heh
Neeko and her friends and family gave me something warm and sweet. Parents and friends, and my favorite sister really somehow helped me along with Neeko. Great series, hope she'll be fine in the future same as I finally found something for myself

Dex-chan lover
Great ending! It was a fun ride, I like that positive outlook that it's never too late to change

I think it's good it was left open to interpretation at the end, sometimes the closed endings given may not please everyone lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
inb4 her sister gets a job before she does and they both work at the same company

Dex-chan lover
Good series that really manage to capture all the anxieties and regrets that build from life not going as planned especially after graduating from College. Good to also see her slowly building her way out of the hole, this series was almost too relatable at times

Dex-chan lover
Awesome ending, I loved reading this series, but... I'm not prepared to say goodbye to neeko just yet ='( I'm gonna miss her

Users who are viewing this thread