Neeko wa Tsurai yo - Vol. 6 Ch. 39 - It's Tough Being Neeko

Dex-chan lover
It's tough out there. Sometimes, you just need to keep pushing to get what you're looking for. We can all relate to Neeko.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sooo gonna miss this manga. It's somewhat really close to irl and is refreshing after reading too many shounen/shoujo/anything fantasy like stuff.

Its soooo hard to be an adult, find a job, try and live within that wage uuuuuhhh the ending isn't really bad as it reflects reality too. She's moved and is now pushing through life.

Any recommendation similar to this?

Dex-chan lover
Finally finished! This one has been lingering in my mind for some time, glad to finally get that closure.

Though I will say the ending feels a little unsatisfying, but it's more about the change within Neeko, rather than about her changing her occupation status. Honestly though, it seems like they needed to push her changes a little harder - it showed she was previously a very out-going, capable, confident person. While I don't think she should be 100% there again, I think having better examples of her regaining these things would be good.
Simply inviting friends out and hunting for the jobs just don't feel like quite the satisfying conclusion to it, it needed a little more oomph.

Anyway, a fun read, decent art, yadda yadda yadda. I give this a fun read (but sometimes too real) out of ten.

Ah! And thanks for the translations and finishing this!

Dex-chan lover
Economy is rough even manga characters can't find a job

Group Leader
So, no yuri with Uri-chan in the end?
Too bad...

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
This manga is what got me to break out of my NEETdom two years ago. Was hoping for a happier ending for her but honestly, having a job is not a fun thing so this is fine.

Dex-chan lover
So basically she went from a Jobless neet to simply a Jobless person Searching for a job

Evidently writing isn't their strongsuit, they wrapped this up to do a vtuber spinoff with Neeko and her sister that bombed even HARDER. So aldehyde's just been chilling on pixiv these days

Dex-chan lover
hhhhmmm????
this is the final chapter, chapter 40
but the first page says 39???

Fed-Kun's army
i just realized ive been a NEET longer than neeko. it's joever

Sad its over, but it was a great experience. I’m glad I didn’t start reading this manga when I was still unemployed since the earlier chapters would’ve hit me so much harder. I coincidentally started reading “You Talk Too Much, So Just Shut it Already” while waiting for the final Neeko chapter without realizing Aldehyde was the artist (only artist not author). He draws a character almost exactly like Imoko which I found funny.

I'm sooo gonna miss this manga. It's somewhat really close to irl and is refreshing after reading too many shounen/shoujo/anything fantasy like stuff.

Its soooo hard to be an adult, find a job, try and live within that wage uuuuuhhh the ending isn't really bad as it reflects reality too. She's moved and is now pushing through life.

Any recommendation similar to this?
I'd recommend 'She Doesn't Know Why She Lives' by Anu, if you haven't read it already. It doesn't hit the emotional highs that this series has and it ends on a similarly inconclusive note, though what I find it really succeeds at is capturing the feeling of malaise and directionlessness when you're stuck wandering between two stages of your life without a clue of where to go or what to do.

Good luck out there.

Dex-chan lover
hhhhmmm????
this is the final chapter, chapter 40
but the first page says 39???
Well the numbers are fixed already in mangadex, but you can check the comments in the previous chapter that explain why the numbers were off by 1

Comment 1 and 2 and 3

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That was a nice series. The ending is very good too from the perspective of her overcoming her trauma but I like stupid happy endings so I still wanted to see her getting a job.

Users who are viewing this thread