NEET dakedo Hello Work ni Ittara Isekai ni Tsuretekareta - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
that was a nice "tch" from elizabeth... man the more i grow the more i like drama... am i desperate for something here?

Supporter
@Pendulum but you get paid to be a slave is the difference
Well-played. XD

@boag at least he didnt make SUGOI GRORIOUS NIPPON FOOD, this time.
XD Thank you. Now I have a way to laugh, instead of spraining my eyeballs by rolling them too hard when Gaijin-san arrives in Japan and gushes lavish praise on BEST. FOOD. EVER. (I've seen Gaijin-san react this way to everything but natto.)

@Vincentius (too much interesting commentary to snip)
Indeed. Is it just me, or is "slave girl" an extreme subtrope of "sexy girl adores Self-Insert-san for being the bare minimum of decent"?

Dex-chan lover
@arimareiji I'd actually say that the "sexy girl that adores Self Insert-san for being the bare minimum of decent" is on a higher tier than "slave girl"; slavery is universally considered horrible, so as long as the MC doesn't physically or verbally abuse the slave girl, he already somehow treats her far better than any of her previous masters and far better than she expected, which leads to her falling hopelessly in love with him... Though, in all fairness, I've actually known a couple people who've had that exact line of thought after getting out of abusive relationships, so I wouldn't call it that unbelievable, but that's neither here nor there. On the other hand, the Sexy Girl that adores Self Insert-san has a higher standard of what constitutes "decent", since she's from modern times, so SI-san has to put a little more effort into it, even if the difference is only like going from a 1 to a 2 on a scale of 10.

Supporter
@Vincentius My apologies for the ambiguity, and I think we're saying very similar things two different ways.

To me, a subtrope would be a subset of a larger trope. I.e. the "sexy girl adores Self-Insert-san for being the bare minimum of decent" trope contains subsets of the modern girl, the mahou shoujo, the slave girl, etc.

By saying it was extreme, I meant something like what you're saying: The modern "you didn't rape me so I love you" girl generally has higher standards than a slave YDRMSILY girl, and doesn't act like she's lower than cat crap.

Dex-chan lover
@arimareiji Ah... I gotcha now. Yeah, we we basically saying the same thing, just with different words so we ended up speaking past one another. If we got to dickering about the exact progression, I'd say it'd be the Sexy Admirer Girl (defined by loving the MC simply for existing) would be the supertrope, beneath it as a subtrope would be the "Because You Were Nice to Me" girl, and beneath that would be the YDRMSILY girl, with the specifics of each SAG being different categories (Modern Girl, Mahou Shoujo (dunno too many that focus on the guys, but I'm sure the exist), Slave Girl, Demi-Human (be a lot of overlap between those two, naturally), etc.); you could probably make a supercategory from the Childhood Friend, as well.

Supporter
@Vincentius Maybe we could name the supertrope to SAG itself after an old song lyric: "Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?" ?

Dex-chan lover
hey. to be fair in this, he uses his special power to fix her CRIPPLING eyesight issue. being given something you long ago gave up on having is kind of an actual reason to like the giver.

Dex-chan lover
@arimareiji That's perfect.

@starburst98 Very true. In this case, she has a legitimate reason for feelings of love to blossom; I know if some girl showed up and magically fixed my busted ass knees so I didn't have to deal with near crippling pain every time it rained or got cold, I would love and worship her. We're mostly just ribbing on the prevalence of how girls in harem manga (doesn't have to be isekai, after all, it's just easier since the author can make a world where polygamy is legal, accepted, and somewhat normal) seem to fall in love with the MC for just about any reason that often boils down to "because he was nice to her" (makes it real easy to self-insert, because it's such a low bar).

Don't get me wrong, though; I love isekai (I'm writing my own (tongue-in-cheek) isekai story to give my mind a break from my main works), but you gotta admit that the standard for female characters falling head over heels for the MC is either incredibly low or flat out impossible (which, oddly, makes it more understandable and plausible, like in this case).

Supporter
@Vincentius fall in love with the MC for just about any reason that often boils down to "because he was nice to her" (makes it real easy to self-insert, because it's such a low bar).
"Hello? Yes, I wish to complain to an editor. I offered my umbrella today to a beautiful high-school girl, but she did not immediately fall in love with me. I am currently writing an apology letter at the police station for my reaction."

Dex-chan lover
@arimareiji Pfft. Funnily enough, falling for someone over an umbrella has technically happened; I don't know if you're familiar with the series Hataraku, Maou-sama, but (in the anime adaptation, at least) one of the first things that Maou does for Emi while in Japan is to offer her his umbrella on a rainy day with absolutely no ulterior motive or even expectation of getting it back. I won't say she fell for him over just that, but I think that's where it really started. And despite being such a simple thing, it does make sense, given their personal histories with one another.

Dex-chan lover
throw away that useless oath boy, you feel better after that....

Dex-chan lover
12 chapter and already got a good harem

man how i wish other isekai mc also like dis

Users who are viewing this thread