NEET dakedo Hello Work ni Ittara Isekai ni Tsuretekareta - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Japanese dragon steak is so very delicious, understandable his favorite. 🙄

God I hate when dumb hikki authors start writing dumb shit about cooking when the only time they've probably seen a woodfire is at yakitori.

Dex-chan lover
Well on earth wood burns at over 500 F minimum. So that's some cold burning wood they must have there that burns at under 400 F.

[What's that in metric?]
LHvdVN-lFVbuLxqtk9TZFm1jhfdp_7VfiipjncTPU2o.jpg

Dex-chan lover
When people who have no idea about cooking try to write about cooking.

Fried chicken, American Revolutionary War time-period style: https://youtu.be/GsyjNef2ydQ

Meat cutlets date from the same time period. Actually, the reference to them is 1682. And they were cooking with wood back in those days.

Welp, there's the harem lmao. I like this one, though. None of them are dislikeable characters

Dex-chan lover
@Fushiginiku Wow, never thought I'd stumble across someone referencing Townsends on Mangadex! Unfortunately, however, this is deep-frying over a much larger fire that has good airflow. That's rather different from pan-frying on a stone oven stovetop. You're right on calling out them never having heard of frying something in oil, though; I mean, back in the 11th century, "lumbolos cum panitio" already existed in documents in the Milan archive of Saint Ambrose, which translates as "little chops with breadcrumbs", so it most certainly should have occurred to someone to try more with cuisine already. But, usually Japanese isekai portray food culture in other worlds as being so basic they often don't even have basic sauces, so this is just an unfortunate failure on their part.

Users who are viewing this thread