Negative Genre Comments

Dex-chan lover
I recently made a post about this subject in the lounge, and decided to bring it up here in support as well, because it really IS such a big problem that I've noticed repeatedly.

And it has to do with people dumping negative comments on titles of genres/tags they don't like solely based on the genre.

The biggest examples of this are gender bender titles or girls love or boys love where people just come to shit on it and leave nasty comments just because it's that genre...not even related to anything else about it.

Then those of us who enjoy these kinds of genres get excited to read it, especially if it's a new series; and when we go to the the forum, the comments are just negative and nasty for no good reason, and that really kills the excitement and the mood for the rest of us. (People who do this stuff usually drop hate in the comments due to their own personal or political views).

Its super annoying. It's to the point where 1/3rd to 1/4th of all the titles in these categories have negative comments posted in their threads due to this kind of negative activity. πŸ˜’

People who dislike certain tags or genres should just not read them. Don't ruin it for the rest of us, please.

Contributor
I even got to report hate speech but not luck at all, I suppose the workload is too big. Since LGTBIQA+ phobia happens worldwide, and in a handful of countries that means jail or death, it's inevitable to happen. Sadly enough those who nag are Occidentals... the others simply don't read them (normally blacklisted). As it is usually said, "the supremacism of Western white men makes them arrogant and self-centered", that's why there's always a team ready to drop 1s and trash post. And unlike ad hominem attacks, it requires formed mods since hate speech is usually non-blatant regarding this. One example: calling others degenerates is so redundant that instead of actively deleting posts/warning users the so-called degenerates use it to mock the haters.

Dex-chan lover
You cannot remove human bias after all. This is what separates us from hive animals like bees, ants, πŸ’, 🐟, πŸ‹ πŸ‹ 🐳 🐳 , πŸ” πŸ₯ πŸ— 🐀 🐣 πŸ“

Dex-chan lover
You cannot remove human bias after all. This is what separates us from hive animals like bees, ants, πŸ’, 🐟, πŸ‹ πŸ‹ 🐳 🐳 , πŸ” πŸ₯ πŸ— 🐀 🐣 πŸ“
Nobody is complaining that they have a preference.

I.e, I'm not expecting hetero peeps to go and like or even read gay oriented titles. In fact if they dislike them I would prefer they don't.

The problem has to do with people going to the specific title or chapter threads or sub-forums of these kinds of titles and leaving barf emojis and nasty comments just because they can.

This site allows people to browse using tags, and to use the advanced search. If they do not like the aforementioned categories, they should simply avoid those tags and read what they DO like. They don't need to come be like that at all. Avoiding girls love, boys love or genderbender titles is very easy to do. This has nothing to do with human nature.

(Unless we are talking about the human propensity for being a total jerk i guess, I mean idk. lol)

Supporter
It's awful that a lot of people choose to be childish twonks who throw tantrums about things that have no affect on them. It's also awful that a lot of people choose to be "trolls" and "griefers" who get their kicks out of seeing that they make others unhappy.

But the only things I know of to be effective are:
1) Never feed trolls/griefers. (Bold because I'm reminding myself of this, too. I keep having to re-learn it.) It's demented, but they actually perceive it as a reward to get responses that show they managed to hurt someone or waste their time.
2) If someone breaks the rules, report them. (But unfortunately, I don't know how much time mods have to go through and check stuff -- it can be a full-time unpaid job.)
3) Set repeat offenders on ignore. If you've reported their behavior a few times or more and you're not satisfied with the outcome, it doesn't do you (or the rest of the world) any good to keep letting them make you unhappy.

Take care, and all my sympathies.

Users who are viewing this thread