Nejikemono - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Agata And Kagashi

Fed-Kun's army
Ooof, that ending was just so meh. I was actually expecting him to die at the end (or at least be crippled) but the way it was executed is just lame. I’d rather he simply died from his wounds after getting revenge, rather than getting grievously wounded, being healed magically, recovering, only to immediately get shanked as soon as he got out of bed.

what a disappointing ending...maybe it was axed?
Still an ending like that can be done only on a longer and deeper story, putting an ending like this on a short story will only enrage the readers...
Damn it! It was really a good manga why end it like this and so fast too?!!

Dex-chan lover
...Okay that was a rather retarded end, 'Oh you're alive, she healed you' to having him stabbed and dying within minutes later.

I don't mind him dying in revenge (as unreasonable as it was.) but just the sequence leading to that death was..sorely disappointing.

Ok that ending really lets it seem like it was axed.
He got parts of his revange. As he just found out that the retarded kid was just a tool and not the main reason that killed his "family".
So the story should probably have gone on as he just finished one part of his goal.
But after even magic healing thanks to a half-demon giant fox/wolf women he gets stabbed by a women from months ago just 5 steps out of bed.
And than doesnt want to be healed again because now he decided to go full suicidal emo.

Tbh if the main goal of this manga was to end that way anyway than there was never a reason to include any of the fantasy elements like the women or her Tengu friend.
So yeah it kinda is a frustrating ending that just looks like it was rushed because it got axed

Imagine not wanting to get cured and live the rest of your life with a 7ft tall wolf goddess, bruh.

There's no escaping karma 😞
Rest in peace dreams of wolf god waifu

From what i've heard the author mentioned that he's attempting to salvage/bring back the story not sure if its still in actuality but it may have a comeback/remake down road. At least its clear he isnt satisfied with the ending himself and probably planned for it to be longer than what we got.

Dex-chan lover
A little bit abrupt, but I'm not sure there was much more to add after he achieved his revenge. It's a shame it's over; despite some rough edges I haven't seen a whole lot of manga that are comfortable realistically representing the ambiguity and irrationality of human motivations as well as the indifference of the divine in traditional mythology. Certainly it had more to say about revenge and the self-perpetuating nature of feuds than most of what I've seen in any medium. (Read a Norse saga sometime, kids!)

Who am I kidding I was mostly here for the eight-foot-tall busty muscular wolf goddess.

Dex-chan lover
That was a pretty good read.Rough around the edges, but I'm sure they could do better in the future. Or maybe it was supposed to be better and Covid kinda screw things around, who knows.

Also yes, wolf woman looks pretty damn hot.

Edit: Some guy called DDTBassG post this in manga's comment btw

https://booth.pm/ja/items/1816022
theres 2 side stories placed between chapter 9-10 the author published as doujins which can be bought here.might not change the ending but adds more length to the journey.
previews can be read here:
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/77803741
and
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/79288187

*me: There seems to be some fantasy element here with a giant snake woman (maybe Kiyohime? I don't know) and adds a bit more lenght to the journey.

Supporter
The ending wasn't to bad (the mother kill him), the problem is what there is before that's is a little weak.

Users who are viewing this thread