Nejimaki Kagyu

Dex-chan lover
The power of the manga reminds me of 2 things.
1.The power of the Spirals from Gurren Lagann
2.The spin from Steel Ball Run
Or just anything spinning in general,but mainly those two. (Especially TTGL)

I had this bookmarked for a long time, but only after the anime man mentioned something about this did I binge read this. Truely one of the most underrated manga series.

The art style is bad, but I've seen worse. What turns me off is the absolute trashfire characters. Hippie shitlord Rihito Nichie is a prime example.

The art is HORRENDOUS ! That alone made me not read it. The seinen tag is an interesting one cause this looks like your regular shounen manga...

Power Uploader
Just a heads up on how this will be released from this point on, I will no longer be doing weekly release for this series but instead will do batch releases ala multiple chapters at the end of each month due to a number of reasons, one being adjustment, another being burn out. So starting at the end of next month and following months after, there'll be burst releases so at minimum 4 chapters or more by the end.

Not dropping, just adjusting the schedule and how I do things for some series.

Fed-Kun's army
@konzolmester: The art is an acquired taste, no doubt about it, but once you power through the first few chapters, the story is actually pretty good. Of course if you power through it and still can't stomach it, then...well, at least you tried. No one can blame you for not giving it a go after the fact.

This is so good, I'm really glad someone took it again.
As for people disliking the art, well, what the hell. Really? The artstyle is crazily dynamic and the expressions are wonderful. I can't read a chapter without saving 30% of it. I swear to God, some people wouldn't recognize gold even if it was shoven into their skull.

Dex-chan lover
Art will always be a matter of taste, unfortunately(or perhaps fortunately).

But Nakayama Atsushi(this author) is in my top three for art in manga because he has a beautifully distorted style that suits the chaotic nature of his story. For me personally, I feel like I relate better to the intensity of the girls' emotions and can believe their ridiculous killing intent during threats/combat isn't just dramatically forced but the results of said character actually being legit insane. It's as if each character has a horrific caricature inside them that can be triggered at will.

I'm sure there's a few readers who think it's easy to draw a crazy character but I don't think doing it at Nakayama-sensei's level is easy. But again, art is subjective so some readers won't feel that from this art in this first place.

Just try and remember the last time you felt that a 'crazy' character was just forced and cringe. Then compare it to a Nejimaki Kagyuu character. Don't you think his drawing is more consistent and powerful in that respect? If not, hopefully you at least find it creepy in a good way.

Fed-Kun's army
Just when I thought this old man couldn't get any more messed in the head, he takes it another step further. There hasn't been any deaths in the manga, but I'm starting to wish for his.

Just what the heck is with that old fuck........just what the fuck does he want at all.

Man, this must be the record for number of chapters dedicated to one fight for this manga.

It’s almost like they’re dragging things out.

the art does take getting used to, since its not the 'typical generic moe type' we always see.
but once your used to it, you really cant see the characters any other way.

that said, this arc is really being milked. maybe because its [nearing] the final one? ( im just guessing tho).

just checked the covers, im not even close....

I haven't read all the chapters yet, but so far it looks like
Kagyuu is protecting her sensei from other girls by making them fall in love with her instead.

Users who are viewing this thread