Neko Musume Michikusa Nikki

We battle manga now. Can the gang hold out until our hero completes her training and returns at the last minute as super saiNyan god super saiNyan?

Group Leader
I hope you guys enjoyed the flood of chapters! Now that all the backed up translations have been proofed and edited, it's gonna be a slow burn from now on.
Edit: Added the RAW Link for anyone who wants a peek at the latest stuff. Looking forward to Chapter 111 for new girl.

Group Leader
Almost done with Volume 16. I'll probably put something out this week. Thanks for the comments, guys.
Update: 4-8-19 That's the last of the pre-translated chapters. Expect a slower release pace while I catch up with life. But don't worry. I'm not expecting it to be a 5 month gap like last time.
Update: 5-21-19 The first chapter of Volume 17 will be released soon, hopefully within the week or so.

Does this series qualify for the Award Winning tag? If you notice the inside part of the cover in the most recent chapter was translated, and it says "Received the second Ryuujin award for Comic Ryuu's April 2008 Edition's Ayakashippoi and debuted. The title of the work was changed to Nekomusume Michikusa Nikki and serialised." It also seems that the standard for a series to be tagged award winning in Mangadex isn't very high, with Twitter awarded manga and Pixiv awards all qualifying, and a winner from an actual magazine is a cut above.

I'm loving this manga, but I feel like the sudden perviness (mostly from one of the characters) often just throws off the entire vibe it has going. It'll be ridiculously wholesome, then suddenly super degenerate.

Edit: I feel like somehow the mangaka had heard me, as the chapters I read after I commented totally changed.

so what exactly is Kuma's backstory with that long black hair? i read the whole series but i dont seem to see anything definite that i remember

@sauvi
She was corrupted when the shrine she was originally the guardian of was abandoned and then demolished to make way for urban development.
During that time she had black hair. BTW, its Koma, kuma means bear :p
@LoliALF He's a boy, you know.

Fed-Kun's army
@X3h0n
more feminin than the girls + he is cute + looks more like a girl than his sister = best girl

@LoliALF
You're high as hell. Tomboys is where its at. Slovenly girl in shorts >>>>> boy in pretty dress.

@CthulhuCousin Yeah, it does give off the feeling like the mangaka did not think much about the direction of this manga when it first started and just go along with the wholesome vibe because he like it the most.

Anyhow, my bet is that many people are turned away by the sudden loli groping scene in the first chapter, thinking "wtf is this perverted mango?" without having the desire to keep reading.

Fed-Kun's army
@CthulhuCousin: Dunno, but leaning on no atm. @france001 is generally busy with real life and schooling and such, and this is a pet project to them. You can tell from the jumps in chapter time releases that several month gaps is normal.

Another more important factor to keep in mind is that Ike is a monthly chapter releaser. Give or take, each volume of Neko Musume can take anywhere from 7 to 9 months just to release a volume. Just jump to the RAW site and you'll see how long it took to get this far.

Just took this opportunity to read 118.... frig, I missed a good arc.

Group Leader
@CthulhuCousin @sudzzuds I'll try to crank something out for the weekend. I've been trying to stabilize my work-life balance and re-learn Japanese again. Blame my procrastination and general life's distractions.

Group Leader
Update (11/07/2019): The tentative date of the next release will be this weekend. Currently, I'm doing QC and proofing.
Update (11/11/2019): Thanks for the support guys. I'll try to work on the next chapter little by little.
Update (11/11/2019): I'll probably get the next chapter pretty soon. It's a relatively short one.
Update (11/12/2019): I think I can get the next chapter out in a day or two, if not, tonight. The next two chapters will definitely take longer.
Update (12/15/2019): The next release will be two chapters at once. One of the chapters have been translated, but not proofread yet.
Update(1/5/2020): I loosely translated 3 chapters so far (which finishes volume 17). I will be going back to correct a few things, and do some editing. Not sure when I'll get it out, but hopefully soon.

Update (1/12/2020): Completed 104. I'll try to get the proofreading for 105 and 106 done these next two weeks if I'm productive.
Update (1/13/2020): Completed 105 because it was short and also related to the previous chapter. 106 will take a little more time.
Update (1/17/2020): Completed 106. Next chapter seems fun to translate, but it'll take some time. Also thinking about the logistics for the contest...
Update (1/24/2020): Completed 107 rough translations. Need to go back to proofread and QC. I also need to flesh out the whole giveaway thingy. More details to come, lol.

Update (2/1/2020): Completed writing up the contest details. Currently working on rough translations for 108.

Users who are viewing this thread