Neko no Otera no Chion-san

Dex-chan lover
In Japan cousin marriages mostly occur between the wealthy elites instead of rednecks (although landowning farmers also tend to practice it), so the stigma associated with the practice is reversed. It's seen as a legitimate way to maintain wealth in the family. In some of the outlying islands, especially in one-clan communities, it's basically inevitable that cousins will marry each other. The gene pool needs to be refreshed once in a while, but the simple fact is that multiple generations of cousin marriages don't have such a detrimental effect if the family gene pool is already large to begin with. Japanese families used to have many children and cousin marriages still mostly maintain the same surname taboo, which is basically what we see in this manga. If Shimada married his cousin from the Saito family and their child married her cousin from the Iijima family, then the Iijima's child married his cousin from the Mishima family, then the consanguinity between the next Iijima and the next Shimada is far enough apart for them to safely marry despite the fact that they're cousins. Note that only four bloodlines are needed to make this work, and in fact four-clan alliances were common throughout Japanese (and Chinese) history.

Fed-Kun's army
If she ends up with that mole guy. It'll leave a strong sour aftertaste in my mind. By doing that to my mind my body will turn gooey and my tounge only taste sour things.

And marrying your cousin doesn't effect your IQ. It'll make the child probably have genetic-failure meaning the bad gene from the parent most likely will make the child disabled or a lag in mind.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think this manga is [Ecchi] enough to be tagged one...

Aggregator gang
I liked this at first but then it gets really weird. Read my spoilers.

She had given up her entire future to work for her Temple and be a housewife. She's 19 and he's barely turning into High School. So the Romance is strange. I don't mind age gaps but he's barely a Teenager and they're already talking about Marriage. At least the grandma is nice deep inside. But honestly it's not worth giving up your education and future for this. Honestly I think Kuudere Himura is the best girl. She's so hilarious. And started School at the same time with him and became good friends!
It's cool seeing how the Characters have grown. And despite her being a adult you can still see some of her old traits.

Good! Doesn't scream for attention at the top of its lungs like some manga.
Has a nice pace to it. Nothing forced like dumb ecchi shounen manga. Very relaxing.

Aggregator gang
I appreciate this mangaka’s dedication to drawing women with large butts.

Dex-chan lover
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage#Legal_status

for those interested....

P/S: i'm pretty sure most south east asian countries have legal status also, but not shown in the link... lol
dont know about Africa though....

Users who are viewing this thread