Neko no Te datte Yaku ni Tatsu - Ch. 125 - Sniff the human

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for sharing this in more detail. Changes people think are 'subtle' lead to entire inaccuracies in character behavior. Many drops of water make an ocean, and little changes here and there add up and form into a 'profile' of a character full of their traits. With additive translations these subtleties here and there can form into entirely different characters between the raws and translated versions.
Another example of this is Conia ending up retarded in the TL for Dorei wo Choukyou. At one point, they were having a formal meeting with someone and, in the raws, she greeted the man informally, then helped her shocked sister with her own introduction. In the TL, she can only manage a "Henlo", and then awkwardly tells her sister to "say henlo" too. I think that's the last chapter I bothered correcting myself before I got swamped with another series.

Man no wonder people shit on you with your way of arguing being complete dogshit. Since you're going to argue aggressively I'll answer in kind.
You call that "Aggressive"? This isn't even my final form. This is a 1 on my aggression scale. More "Dismissive", at worst.
1. Back on the fox people made mention to the fact he took liberties and asked questions on why he translated Henlo. His response was to summarize she was speaking improperly
She was speaking Informally. All the words out of her mouth were perfectly normal, coherent Japanese. She just spoke casually. If you want an example of the level of formality we were dealing with here, refer to Mako-san, where the entire manga's written in zoomer lingo.
but just the sheer fact that it was better period.
The statement is objectively incorrect.
Here's something a non-japanese reader like me understands when it comes to translating something from one language to another. There's always going to be something lost in translation
Yeah, this isn't one of those things. I find it strange you're telling me that you know things get lost in translation... like I know that less than you do.
But hey I'm not a translator and I'm sure my opinion pisses you off as someone who does this work but from an outsider observing your behavior why should I care about your ''objective fact'' if the same general idea is displayed from the works.
I don't really feel any particular way about your opinions. You literally don't know any better. What really tickles my nutsack is when there's a perfectly good translation out there, and somehow the readers aren't able to follow the story, like with Cheeky Gyaru. I know it's a minority, but my god, they just keep tickin'.
No I'm not okay with it. Do not put words in my mouth dipshit.
I've been banned for saying nicer things.
Also I don't know if you've noticed but the way you come off is a complete dick.
Yeah. It's like the second or third thing I tell anyone:

1) I have Autism.
2) I hope you like getting roasted, because it's 90% of what I do.
3) I'm smarter than everyone.
Also those examples of you showing criticism to others cements the fact that yikes you're a jackass. Plus it's quite funny the guy you were calling a dick was acting no differently than the two examples you posted of the people you criticized.
And you'll notice the difference in response. Now I know I called him a dick, but really, only Tulip got mad. The reason he invited the guy over to the server to share "Constructive criticism" was because I asked him to pass that message along for me while I was translating his message to English before he could post it. And I know it says "Constructive" criticism, but that was all Tulip: He didn't want the guy thinking he could come in and start a shitstorm. I was pretty happy with any feedback. Especially given that I had taken a chance by not translating the dialogue.

TL;DR: "Dick" was a descriptor, not a criticism. I was glad to get feedback. Especially for the risky thing I did.

I had to look up the full post to get full idea of why that guy was criticizing your work and the way he's shitting on you was no different than what you did to the fox and the other guy you criticized. Just you had people on your side.
Everyone had people on their side. Do you think the fox was alone in the world, facing my unending onslaught of criticism? No, he had people on his side, just like Luigiy did. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: It's too short a leap from "I don't like your tone" to "I don't have to listen to you". Our greatest critics often point out our greatest issues (And make up stuff too, but that's a different topic). It's not always going to come packaged with whipped cream and sprinkles.

You'll notice that despite him acting exactly like me (By your own admission), he's not met with "Try arguing for real, stupid". I don't call him a dickhead, or ignore him. I just explain that I don't feel it's my job to rewrite a story. I'm there to convey what's happening in the story, and by changing it the way he wanted, I'd fundamentally mislead you about what was going on. Then I invite him to hop on the server, so he has a direct line to tear into me about any little problem he sees.

Unless you think I actually care enough about what other people think of me to fabricate a faux-polite response to share whenever I get criticism, you're left with the inevitable conclusion that that's my heartfelt answer to his critiques.
3. If you're so behind why the fuck are you wasting time here arguing with me? Go get your shit done. If you really are that busy focus on your work. I don't even know why you're here if you really are that busy.
I'm lazy. And Rimworld is calling to me! 😭

Dex-chan lover
Bro, why do you keep adding shit in? First you make the guy say he can't live without petting her, and now you add in some offer about burying his face in her belly. What the fuck? I am this close to doing it myself.

She's telling him to try letting her sit on his lap and pat her, just one time. Then she says he can sniff her too, as if to sweeten the pot.

The offer is not what you think it is. This is the second time I've caught the TL making shit up.
Eh, sniffing the cat usually means burying your face in its tummy.

I think this change is fine. Though it kinda loses the more intimate implications of sniffing the human (ie on her neck).

Dex-chan lover
Eh, sniffing the cat usually means burying your face in its tummy.

I think this change is fine. Though it kinda loses the more intimate implications of sniffing the human (ie on her neck).
It's not "fine" because it's not what she said, or even implied.

P.S.: You'd sniff her neck? Not her hair? :questionblob:

Dex-chan lover
It's not "fine" because it's not what she said, or even implied.

P.S.: You'd sniff her neck? Not her hair? :questionblob:
Depending on their height difference, he'd either sniff the top of her head, or lower. Also, bringing your face to someone's neck is a lot more intimate (and less perverted).

Despite how she wants to be treated like a human, she is more cat than human. When she would suggest sniffing her to him, she very likely thinks of sniffing her belly. Personally, it's not my thing, but cat lovers love burying their face in a cat's belly.

Users who are viewing this thread