Neko no Te datte Yaku ni Tatsu - Ch. 185 - How About a Maid?

Supporter
A cat that can look after itself that's also a gf as affectionate and obedient as a pet. It's a deal that has all the benefits and none of the downsides of having either.
That's basically having a girlfriend who's unhealthily subservient . . . .

Also, we're talking about cats here - their idea of "affectionate and obedient" is "whatever, as long as it's what I want". Takase might be a kid, but I doubt he's that naive, particularly after getting to know Mii-chan . . .

Supporter
You know, I think Mitsuki really would have no chance if she hadn't been there first...

"obedient" is kind of overselling it when it comes to cats... but overall I agree. At least because of the human part you can reason with it.
"Do not eat this houseplant. It will kill you. I can buy you some cat grass if you need fiber."
"This is human food. If you want some, I can make you a little portion without garlic."
"If you're going to vomit, please aim for the smooth floor and not the hard-to-clean chair fabric."
"The veterinarian is here to help you. It is a checkup, not your imminent doom."
Okay, that last one is making me seriously tempted . . . .

Dex-chan lover
I don't think I've ever wanted my gf to be obedient. That's weird as shit
I guess my wording was unfortunate - the series does go into weird territories that are hard to put into normal-sounding sentences. And it's not like she wants to be a gf, she'd rather be a (somewhat) regular low-maintenance cat, and MC would adopt her in a heartbeat if he didn't develop weird thoughts about Bakeneko already.
At face value, that kind of arrangement shouldn't actually affect Mii-chan's condition since she wants to be a human and to be seen as a woman by MC, but in practice it would be hard to accept. Having two natures gives her twice as many reasons to be jealous, huh.

Fed-Kun's army
  • Won’t flay me alive when it’s time to be washed
You actually wash your cat? I have an indoors outdoors cat and besides cleaning her paws after rain I don't do anything to clean her. Probably helps that she is shorthaired young cat but still, 90% cats cat take care of their coat unless the tripped in oil or something.

Dex-chan lover
That's basically having a girlfriend who's unhealthily subservient . . . .
Everyone defines unhealthiness and subservience for themselves, so it's not for us to pass judgment.

However it's also irrelevant - she isn't offering to be his girlfriend, despite what some commenters have read into it. She is proposing to be his pet and part-time housekeeper, which yes, is somewhat a subservient role, but maybe not unhealthy.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone defines unhealthiness and subservience for themselves, so it's not for us to pass judgment.

However it's also irrelevant - she isn't offering to be his girlfriend, despite what some commenters have read into it. She is proposing to be his pet and part-time housekeeper, which yes, is somewhat a subservient role, but maybe not unhealthy.
C--ksl_v_ proposal. Straight.

Users who are viewing this thread