Neko no Te datte Yaku ni Tatsu - Ch. 186 - That Kind of Reason

Dex-chan lover
I was right about her all along. It wasn't for any perverted reason.

:meguuusad:

This just raises so many questions. Why can't she live as a cat? Wasn't Tiggy doing that? Why apply other places if she has a stable cat cafe job and no human ambitions?
Living as a stray in the city is a hard life. If you haven't found a cat lady granny or you have to fight a tomcat in its territory everytime, you're gonna have to scavenge the trash piles. Even if you do find a cat lady, you could get culled like what happened with Tiggy's parents.

On the other hand, if you're a pet, you have all your needs accounted for as long as your owner isn't the abusive nor the neglectful type.

Dex-chan lover
Living as a stray in the city is a hard life. If you haven't found a cat lady granny or you have to fight a tomcat in its territory everytime, you're gonna have to scavenge the trash piles. Even if you do find a cat lady, you could get culled like what happened with Tiggy's parents.

On the other hand, if you're a pet, you have all your needs accounted for as long as your owner isn't the abusive nor the neglectful type.
No, see, I get that. Being a stray is hard. But she has the cat cafe gig, unless I'm much mistaken, and since she can sleep as a cat she doesn't need a fancy bed and could just curl up in a corner there. She's got shelter, water, kibble money, and can probably even save up for the vet as needed. She might want more, sushi and grilled meat and wet food and such, but she's got something to fall back on while she tries. She has a much better "homelessness" safety net than your average human bum.

Dex-chan lover
No, see, I get that. Being a stray is hard. But she has the cat cafe gig, unless I'm much mistaken, and since she can sleep as a cat she doesn't need a fancy bed and could just curl up in a corner there. She's got shelter, water, kibble money, and can probably even save up for the vet as needed. She might want more, sushi and grilled meat and wet food and such, but she's got something to fall back on while she tries. She has a much better "homelessness" safety net than your average human bum.
You suggested Tiggy, who didn't have the cat cafe to fall back on until recently.

Otherwise, she isn't actually living as a cat at the cat cafe. It is a place for bakeneko, where they have to transform into humans to do human tasks.

Ultimately, she just doesn't want to work.

Dex-chan lover
She has a point when she says she is half cat, I don't think it is fair to call her a hopeless adult.

Supporter
This just raises so many questions. Why can't she live as a cat? Wasn't Tiggy doing that? Why apply other places if she has a stable cat cafe job and no human ambitions?
My take is she is HALF cat but still half human, living your whole life as just a cat is probably hard too and people are not supposed to know about bakeneko.
I mean imagine having the possibility to express yourself for something but needing to keep playing mute for years on end, se is not just a cat she still have a full human brain and use the same language / think similarly, I do not think she want to be 100% a cat just live the cat life while still being herself (so half human or whatever is the life plan)

Also if my cat started to live 30 years + I would be overjoyed but also starting to wonder what is in the food I give them so even if she plan to be 100% a cat it may be harder if the one does not know.

Dex-chan lover
They call her hopeless as if she's to blame, but it's Japanese work culture that's hopeless.

Users who are viewing this thread