Neko no Te datte Yaku ni Tatsu - Ch. 187 - Incredibly Materialistic

Some real choosing-beggars hours right here... Though I think his conditions are a little harsh too; she could bathe and be human-form while he isn't home (and how else would she cook for him as offered?)
He'd rather not deal with the creeping realization that they're basically just people that look like cats at that point. Plus, imagine the landlord and neighbors realizing there's a woman in your apartment when you're not there. Sure, she can try not to be heard, but it's inevitable someone notices. Plus she drinks. What if she gets drunk one day? You think she'll keep it up then?

Sounding more like a marriage of convenience now. If her offers to cook and clean are still on the table, I’m still interested.
But we’re going to have to have serious talks and lay out clear expectations.

For example, how am I going to introduce her to my parents…
Who am I kidding, they’ll be thrilled.
With what a lazy bum she seems to be, you think she'd do a good job cleaning? Also, she said she'd cook "simple" meals. So probably instant Ramen, and scrambled eggs if you're lucky.

Dex-chan lover
Who is going to pay for her vices though? Going to a hot spring isn't something you'd pay for for a house cat. I had expected that she would at least have a day job but she did say her job applications kept on getting rejected.

She's basically a kept woman rather than a pet cat.
Eh, it's not that pricey. Some wealthier owner who spoil their cats (or dogs) have similar or higher level of expenses when it comes to pet food or entertainment. Look at how expensive top shelf stuff at pet store can be, and there are owners who buy that stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, it's not that pricey. Some wealthier owner who spoil their cats (or dogs) have similar or higher level of expenses when it comes to pet food or entertainment. Look at how expensive top shelf stuff at pet store can be, and there are owners who buy that stuff.
The owner would have been a school boy.
He can explain buying cat food, but would he be able to tell his parents that his money was spent on izakayas and onsen trips? And would she even eat cat food?

Supporter
still gets my vote of approval. replacing churu with sushi and occasional meat hardly increases the food expense at all, and bathing is done out of sight. dunno about the alcohol tho.

Last edited:
He can explain buying cat food, but would he be able to tell his parents that his money was spent on izakayas and onsen trips? And would she even eat cat food?
Unless the TL made up lines again, he outright said he wouldn't take her until he lived alone. And yes, she made it clear she'd eat cat food. They are still cats, you know.

Supporter
I like how FL is standing there like she's the wife who needs to approve husband's adoption lol

Dex-chan lover
He'd rather not deal with the creeping realization that they're basically just people that look like cats at that point.
Plausible, but since that's what bakeneko are, it's unavoidable with any of them, Mii-chan included.
Plus, imagine the landlord and neighbors realizing there's a woman in your apartment when you're not there. Sure, she can try not to be heard, but it's inevitable someone notices.
He doesn't seem the type to be bothered by gossip. Otherwise it'd already be a problem for him at school. As for the landlord - having a girlfriend ain't illegal. I think. If it is illegal, this would explain some things about Japan's fertility rate.
With what a lazy bum she seems to be, you think she'd do a good job cleaning?
It's not impossible - some people are more cut out to be homemakers than jobholders - but it doesn't look promising.

He does mention that the whole arrangement would have to wait until he lives alone. Since he is in high school (I think) she would have to hang on a couple years.

He doesn't seem the type to be bothered by gossip. Otherwise it'd already be a problem for him at school.
We had a whole heart to heart about how he only pretends to be indifferent.
As for the landlord - having a girlfriend ain't illegal. I think. If it is illegal, this would explain some things about Japan's fertility rate.
You know what is a problem? Having, at best, an unnamed tenant living in a unit that was only rented out to a single person, and, at worst, having a burglar breaking into a tenant's room.

Supporter
I feel like at least part of the absurd conditions was to make a point.

Double-page supporter
Some real choosing-beggars hours right here... Though I think his conditions are a little harsh too; she could bathe and be human-form while he isn't home (and how else would she cook for him as offered?)
I think he's specifically setting those conditions to make her reconsider

I think he's specifically setting those conditions to make her reconsider
No, he's agreeing to keeping her as a cat... provided she act like a damn cat. He, just like you would be, is uncomfortable with the idea of his pet suddenly going off and being a part-time Human.

Users who are viewing this thread