Neko no Te datte Yaku ni Tatsu - Ch. 203 - True Thoughts

Dex-chan lover
Remember: She had this huge fight about how she hates being treated like a cat. Now we see she's doing the job enthusiastically and voluntarily. MC saw this scene the very day they had the fight.
Bullshit. She had that fight with someone else than MC, who just happened to overhear it, with the orange cat who was all "humans are shit, cats are great" when her dear mom is human and cat dad bailed on them.

Then MC made his own headcanon about how she hates being treated as a cat, even though if it she hated it unquestionably she wouldn't go to him in the park in the first place, when she tried to explain it he either didn't get the explanation or ignored it, then he went "I don't really like humans" and was surprised it upset her because she's half human at least. There is also big difference between people who don't know you're bakeneko treating you as a pet, and someone who knows disregarding your human side.

Also he need to get it clear, if he treats her as a cat it's completely normal if she goes to other people, if he treats her as a human but isn't into her (according to his reaction after her kiss) he can't be bothered about her relationships, if he wants to be exclusive he needs to become her actual boyfriend, and all this time he claimed it's out of question.

Bullshit. She had that fight with someone else than MC, who just happened to overhear it, with the orange cat who was all "humans are shit, cats are great" when her dear mom is human and cat dad bailed on them.

Then MC made his own headcanon about how she hates being treated as a cat, even though if it she hated it unquestionably she wouldn't go to him in the park in the first place, when she tried to explain it he either didn't get the explanation or ignored it, then he went "I don't really like humans" and was surprised it upset her because she's half human at least. There is also big difference between people who don't know you're bakeneko treating you as a pet, and someone who knows disregarding your human side.
cpjxr3.png

rpdsv9.png

6b5p7g.png

I know it's been a while, but she literally says the thing, then clarifies MC is the exception, but only kind of.

The raw lines are:

猫扱いされたくないのは本当だし......

こんな猫になれる力...?も要らない...

でも高瀬君に猫扱いされるのは...

好き......

......かも
Which translate to

"It's true that I don't want to be treated like a cat..And I don't really want this power to transform into a cat either...

But you treating me like a cat....

I might...

like..."

I'm cutting you some slack as my dedicated forum stalker here.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
It’s the classic boyfriend saying “you can’t wear that skimpy dress when we go out” and she replies “I was wearing this when you first asked me out”
For the record, my wife does ask me if a particular set of clothing is too skimpy to wear out. She knows she doesn't have to do what I say, but she feels that it's respectful of my feelings to ask.

(for the record, I am aware that I am only allowed to nix her choices once in a blue moon, or I will lose the privilege of having input)

(for the record, I am aware that I am only allowed to nix her choices once in a blue moon, or I will lose the privilege of having input)
Weird way to look at the situation, considering you're her husband...

P.S.: I also thought this was a comment for Boku to Gal ga Fuufu ni Naru made, considering the issue with her outfit in the last chapter...

Supporter
So she's a total hypocrite. Or a liar. Got it.

Yeah it is.
Or you're just being a dick?

How is "I'm afraid of other kinds of work" hypocritical? We know she has a history of struggling to keep her inner cat from misbehaving, it's perfectly reasonable for her to be anxious about regular work where that would have serious impacts.

And how do you get lying from any of this? That just makes no sense.

Look, you clearly just don't like either Mii-chan as a character or the whole damned story, maybe just stop reading it? At the very least stop being such a dick about it.

Or you're just being a dick?

How is "I'm afraid of other kinds of work" hypocritical? We know she has a history of struggling to keep her inner cat from misbehaving, it's perfectly reasonable for her to be anxious about regular work where that would have serious impacts.

And how do you get lying from any of this? That just makes no sense.
I know it's hard to keep track of the timeline, but:

1) Mii-chan says she hates being treated like a cat.
2) Says she likes it when Takase treats her like a cat.
3) Immediately bolts to her part time job... being treated like a cat by strangers.
4) We now see she's not just a passive worker, but actively cozies up to customers.

That should make it easier to think about; A big plot point was undermined twice so far.

Look, you clearly just don't like either Mii-chan as a character or the whole damned story, maybe just stop reading it? At the very least stop being such a dick about it.

I have no idea why you're getting so emotional here.

P.S.: When has "Don't like? Don't watch" ever worked?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
continuing to work at the cafe was bait / a light shit test, he fell for it / passed

"hypocrisy" doesn't really apply to girls in sexual stuff. it just is what it is

Double-page supporter
I know it's hard to keep track of the timeline, but:

1) Mii-chan says she hates being treated like a cat.
2) Says she likes it when Takase treats her like a cat.
3) Immediately bolts to her part time job... being treated like a cat by strangers.
4) We now see she's not just a passive worker, but actively cozies up to customers.

That should make it easier to think about; A big plot point was undermined twice so far.

I have no idea why you're getting so emotional here.

P.S.: When has "Don't like? Don't watch" ever worked?
Kinda late, since we're a few episodes forward, but if this is a big part of her job, she can hate it because of that, also.
Like a salesperson/mall employee being treated as one, when off shift. And I guess she can especially hate being treated as a cat when she's human. Where her whole dilemma with MC were as follows:
1. He knows me as a cat and he's nice to me
2. I want him to know me as a human also, so he'd treat me as a person
3. But the way he treats humans is ignore, and I don't want that
4. But him knowing me as a human and still treating me completely as a cat, would be bad/demeaning too (From what I've seen she looks down on cats, if only a little bit including herself for being part-cat)

Kinda late, since we're a few episodes forward, but if this is a big part of her job, she can hate it because of that, also.
Like a salesperson/mall employee being treated as one, when off shift.
I'm not entirely clear what you're trying to say. Do you think she hates being treated like a cat because of work? Because if you do, that's wrong. She hates being treated like a cat because of her daddy issues. She chose to work as a cat despite that. And also, despite being at a cat cafe, where nobody would complain if she didn't actively cuddle with customers, she does actually cuddle with customers.
And I guess she can especially hate being treated as a cat when she's human.
She went back and forth on that, partly because she likes it when he treats her like a cat, and partly because she was too much of a scaredy cat to just approach him like a person. She used the cat form as an excuse to get close, then jammed "Human time" into the "cat time", which bothered him immensely.

1. He knows me as a cat and he's nice to me
2. I want him to know me as a human also, so he'd treat me as a person
3. But the way he treats humans is ignore, and I don't want that
4. But him knowing me as a human and still treating me completely as a cat, would be bad/demeaning too (From what I've seen she looks down on cats, if only a little bit including herself for being part-cat)
Not inaccurate. She wanted him to like all of her, not just the cat bit.

Users who are viewing this thread