Netoge no Yome ga Ninki Idol Datta: Cool kei no Kanojo wa Genjitsu demo Yome no Tsumori de Iru - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Rumor About A Couple

Dex-chan lover
I dont get the mindset of a fanatic idol otaku. They're human in the end, so ofc they're gonna be a relationship at somepoint. Why hate, or even worse send threat to your idol that you love so much?
Because they see it as an "agreement" where the girl accepts their affection and doesn't show interest in anyone else (other than her fans as a whole) and in exchange they give her money and contribute to her popularity. Thus they believe they are entitled to her "loyalty".

An idol being in a relationship with someone else (or interacting with men at all, really) is seen as a betrayal of this "agreement", which is why they get so pissed and hostile. They have no reason to care about her as a person if they aren't getting anything out of it, the love is gone once she stops being their waifu/oshi/whatever.

I also want to point out idol agencies are aware of this dynamic and exploit it so it's not really a one-sided issue. There are people profitting from this shit.

Dex-chan lover
So this series is dropping in score for me hardcore, all aboard the choo choo train bois we have a wheel spinning about to occur. So as mentioned several times here not only do we get the communication would have solved the issue it's also bad that he didn't check with what she wanted and has assumed. What if she doesn't want to be an idol anymore or doesn't care about her popularity???

These kinds of series end up looking like the MC and/or FMC are toying with the others emotions and comes off their relationship would be bad to toxic in the end.

Group Leader
for what it's worth, i've been told that the characters get together somewhat quickly, but i can't really say how soon we'll get to see that because the adaptation from the WN isn't 1:1.

but i also am not super invested in the story, i'm just doing ENTL in my free time for fun.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that sister starving.
images
she famished

Dex-chan lover
is there an english translated LN for this series? i am thinking about getting the LNs soon

Dex-chan lover
Nana already told Kazuto how much he matters to her, so he should be more open to Rinka. It's just gonna cause trouble if he keeps avoiding her.

Dex-chan lover
So what you're saying is, idol otakus are pathetic pieces of garbage who would throw an idol under the bus if she ever tried to be happy and would even go out of their way to ruin her life. It's (not) funny because it's true...
But sure, do the usual trope where you don't even bring up the problem, so it could explode later, how else would an author be able to create a drama-filled conflict situation when there are a bunch of fans roaming around and having a relationship would cause them to mald. It would take way too much creativity...

Supporter
It's sort of a valid concern that her fans might turn on her or whatever, but do you know what you do? YOU COMMUNICATE.
"I'd love to sit with you for lunch again, but I'm worried about our relationship affecting your idol career. What do you think?"

Insipid little turd of an MC, this is strike one for this manga

Dex-chan lover
So frustrating to see the MC not tell the girl anything just because the author wanted to create some cheap drama. There were plenty of ways to develop this situation in a realistic and interesting way but instead we get this crap.

Fed-Kun's army
Was hoping this would be a more fun read. Can't enjoy them all I guess.

Dex-chan lover
spanish group tells me it's weekly now, but updates are still limited to them getting the work done and passing it onto me (and then having the time to work on it myself).
Except for Chapter 1 and 2 and the week break after Chapter 3, serie get published biweekly (every 2 weeks for those that get confused), they haven't changed publishing schedule, Chapter 4 was published on Jan 6th, Chapter 5 on the 20th and Chapter 6 is on Feb 3rd (since i get the "paid" raws, you can check next chapter date at the end of it), but in the end this schedule depend on the groups anyway

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread