Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru - Vol. 6 Ch. 23 - Konatsu Amano Can't Come Out With It.

Power Uploader
This is getting too convoluted for me. Drama, drama, drama...

Dex-chan lover
Eh you all aren't thinking like a Japanese, koyuki is going with the strong Japanese behavior way of a model student and that is quite different from any other country, she is what adults from japan would like how their kids behave.

Remember that this story is about a Japanese high schooler and no a high schooler from any country.

Dex-chan lover
For me the problem here isn't that there won't be romance. It's that, for a story that apparently won't have any romance, it's spending a whole hell of a lot of time on the kind of emotions and angst and little plot developments that normally go with romance. Which is annoying because it feels like bait-and-switch, but it also just makes no emotional sense to me as a story about friendship. Think I'm dropping this.

Woah, this manga turned into shit very fast.. are some authors hell bent on trying to ruin them selfs or ?..

Lux

Power Uploader
This was so heartwarming. I'm glad Konatsu was able to realize and process what connected them in the first place. Also, i may have realized this too late, but now i think i understand why Koyuki called out to her in the first chapter, Konatsu just looked lonely while walking in the aquarium, and knowing herself that feeling way too well Koyuki instinctively called out to her.

I think this author's greatest strength is her ability to describe the flow of thoughts and feelings of the character, it really almost makes me feel too what they feel, and this is a narrative skill lots of authors may learn from.

Living in japan people here, drinking age in Japan is 20 and the rule is really strict. If koyuki got found out even though she didnt drink, she still got accused and her father who is their teacher also were influenced as well. Koyuki lived in her closet too long so her reaction was understandable. And Konatsu slowly became full on yandere now, she was jealous with kaede how closed kaede is with koyuki and even koyuki's brother. She just wants Koyuki to only look at her, be alone again so they can share time together but she knows how wrong and selfish it is that makes her struggle herself and cant tell it to Koyuki. Her feelings is really realistic. Just imaging you only have a close friend who use their time with you day and night and suddenly someone take them from you. If they have problem, they will find someone to confide, not you who thought they only have you as close friend.

Im quite impressive with this manga. At first i thought it just lovey-dovey, silly misunderstand with 2 girls but the author really try to write abour co-dependent relationship and portray realistic teenager's anxiety which is ignored in almost other mangas.

The layers of complexity have been piling up since a while, this manga is very well written with both characters longing for warmth in their own way.

I'd like to point out that if these girls hadn't issues connecting with others we wouldn't have got this story to begin with.

Koyuki is really bad in approaching people and being able to read the room, she sees the world too much black and white for her own good, and like in this chapter, especially in Japan, this way of living your life can leave you with shallow relationships at best since people are going to distance you once they figure out this.

Konatsu is able to connect with others much better than Koyuki but wants to feel special (remember her sister?) since even when you're able to be in good terms with a lot of people, clicking with someone is really hard.

Their relationship, in a way, saved Koyuki because she was so lonely that even though she seemed fine all the time her family was and still is constantly worried about her leaving her comfort zone.
Konatsu at some point figured out that instead of a normal friendship she had developed a codependency. Koyuki was doing great, for the most part, and having Konatsu always there for her helped her take that one step forward she needed.
Being fully aware of her feelings, e.g. wanting to monopolise the Koyuki, Konatsu decided that it'd be best to stop being this way since her wanting Koyuki for herself would also mean gold-caging her.
It looks like she's finally able to confront Koyuki now, I'm curious to see where this will lead us.
:)

Dex-chan lover
wow this chapter, every ch thats been coming out as of late has been very tense yet interesting

but god with everything thats been going on i really want romance to happen regardless of what people are saying the author said about it, i still want it the fact that i was hoping it was yuri was the whole point in me picking it up and yeah i do enjoy it but if what people are saying is true and nothing is gonna happen ...

things are gonna be pretty annoying cause at this point all it got is the Drama that just seems its just gonna get worse and worse for Konatsu

but we'll see..... im not planning on dropping this as i still am liking the series and really wanna see where things go but still it is kinda annoying but hey maybe the whole no yuri thing will change at some point or something if anything im waiting for a new character to show up or something idk i want something to happen that really shakes things up even more so (as the main thing going for this series is the drama) at this point i feel all the characters need that extra push

if anything im really just wanting Konatsu to be able to move on and hopefully it happens come next ch

Dex-chan lover
And then they discover he is definitely not a sis-con. :D
Moments Kaede wished she had waited a little longer :/
I guess Konatsu feels just a little more at home by the seaside now.
It's annoying how much the author wants to portray Honami as a goody-two-shoes who feels uncomfortable with anything new. But she wasn't the only one feeling uncomfortable. Konatsu was in a bad place too. And she did stand up for herself, so okay. Everybody around her still thinks they have to save her from the world though, and that is crap.
I hope the mangaka is willing to stray from what is the norm in these kinds of stories in future installments and allows Honami to choose her own path and walk it with more confidence.

Dex-chan lover
@ninjadoparana
Here in Brazil it's normal to drink 12+

No, it isn't, it is wrong.
It's not the same situation here. This was like... Christmas, when a kid could taste some wine for example, a very occasional occurrence.

@pik3rob
It seems more like you're complaining because you disagree with what the characters did than with the quality of the chapter.

Yes, I'm discussing the characters actions.

@Serenata
If I'm not mistaken, Koyuki didn't had a problem with others seeing her as "role model"?
She did just that, behaves like the role model but not only that, she behaved like the role model that imposes on others. My problem was not that she gave her opinion, she imposed her opinion.
Are those people even her friends?
I question that because with a friend you can talk, and discuss, and in the end still disagrees. She could have talked with that girl that she thinks what she was doing was wrong. Get the key word here?
"Talk/Discuss".

Had she stayed quiet then later they will surely offer her a drink too and then how far would you go to Not ruin the mood for everyone else?

Would this really be worse?
It's like like everyone was drinking, it was just one girl.
And Koyuki was offered she could just refuse. Would this really ruins the mood? For whom?
I had the impression I was seeing this pretty normally, in a group of people everyone is different and have their quirks, try and risk different things. Sometimes I drank, most of the times I refused. Same for other people in the group. Number of times the mood was ruined? Zero.

@Panino

I've never said anything about right or wrong, i just said the facts, it's normal, it happens, obviously it's wrong, it's against the (here in brazil) 18+ drink law, but it happens 365d/year.
I've never liked to drink, but almost all my friends did, and while I was drinking my coke, my 14+ friends were drinking all kinds of drinks, it's their life.

Dex-chan lover
@Deadhunt
>tag: shoujo-ai
>will not got further than friendship
eca.png

@Panino but by saying, that you don't like the chapter and by listing specific complaints, you're implying that the chapter's quality was low, which I argued it wasn't because your arguments had to do with not liking the character's actions, which are not valid criticism.

Dex-chan lover
@pik3rob
How the fuck is not "valid criticism"?
What is a chapter?
What is a chapter if not a selected sequence of characters decisions and actions?
I'm talking about the chapter in the sense that I'm talking about what the characters do in this chapter... so what? Isn't a valid criticism of the chapter if I talk about what happens in the chapter? How does a valid criticism looks like then?

@Panino
It's not valid criticism because you're talking about what happened in the chapter as if the characters taking actions you disagree with doesn't make it good, which is a dumb way to criticize something because these characters are not you. As long as the actions are consistent with who the characters have been built up to be at this point, then that's what matters, but that's not what you criticized. You criticized that the characters didn't take actions you agreed with, but just disagreeing with their actions isn't a flaw with the work itself.

Users who are viewing this thread