Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru - Vol. 6 Ch. 23 - Konatsu Amano Can't Come Out With It.

md should honestly remove the 'shoujo ai' (whatever that means) tag from this manga. it's a really great story about platonic relationships, both with friends and with family but people come in with the wrong expectations, looking for romance when that's totally missing the point of this manga

i have a feeling that a lot more people would enjoy nettaigyo if they came in understanding it's not a romance manga, rather than feeling cheated and jebaited because of bad tags. the author herself is even upfront about this, instead of being coy and milking yuri fans with subtext

honestly the story isn't even made worse without yuri. it's still a damn good story. it's like close friends can't exist without people thinking they're gay.

@pik3rob The problem is KADOKAWA_denshi, the publisher introduced this manga as yuri manga in the first place and still DO it until now. They still uses "School, transfer, and encounters - The beginning of Yuri is the royal road that was set in the school." as logline even though it conflicts what author said. And if it turn out not yuri, the yuri readers still are right to get angry because its considered as queerbait.
https://twitter.com/KADOKAWA_denshi/status/1162519157004472322

@imwithyou93 Oh, didn't know it was advertised like that. I still wouldn't consider it a flaw with the work since the people who advertised it that way weren't the creator, but I at least understand a bit more about being miffed that it isn't yuri. Tho tbh I started reading for the yuri too, but I don't really think it matters if it is anymore.

@pik3rob their twitter also tag the author and hashtag yuri. Saying she is not related is unconvincing.
Besides, she used to draw yuri fanart alot that makes readers get high hope it will be yuri.

@imwithyou93
it's unfortunate that the publisher labelled the work the way they did. and even if they tagged her on twitter alongside the yuri hashtag, it doesn't change the fact that she outright came out and said she is not going to write a yuri story. i don't think she has any real reason to say that unless she truly did not want to write a yuri story, because it's more profitable to pretend to write yuri to pander to the audience

at any rate, i don't think mangadex is helping the situation by putting in a misleading tag and making even more people feel tricked and jebaited. wouldn't you agree?

Dex-chan lover
Okay, as much as I appreciate the talent behind the scenes with art and actually conveying the characters feelings meticulously — this is still getting grating.

Not even taking romance into consideration, the premise essentially devolved into a lot of static chapters about just how angsty and shallow both of these girls are. Instead of thinking things through or acting upon their emotions, but just decide for inaction...and this doesn’t make for a compelling story at all.

@d3ban I started reading this manga after its claimed queerbait to know how much subtext the author put in it. The cover, the side ship and skinship in this manga speaks louder than tag. There is rare yuri manga with good art recently ( char design, lineart, panelling is excellent) thats why yuri fans are so hyped but now its eh.

Still, i think both republisher and author are unprofessional to make a controversial in reader when the manga is still going on .

Right now, i dont care its yuri or not. But Call it pander when it becomes romance is not true at all. Remember utena, the author didnt have intent to make lesbian couple but after listening the editor, she appreciate this idea and it succeeded. Or taking bloom into you and fluttering feeling as examples, the authors dont want to label it as yuri but the relationship between 2 main girls and romance just happens. From her twitter, i lean toward the latter but i dont get my hope high. I care for the story and character more.

@imwithyou93 i don't think the author is being controversial though. she's just telling you what she's writing. i could see your point if we were talking about this before she made that tweet but the cat's out of the bag now

i don't think this is the same situation as something like yagakimi at all. yagakimi was always, always about romance. from the very beginning. touko loving someone who can't love her back - that's the gist of yagakimi - it's a romance story plain and simple. the theme of nettaigyo on the other hand, is loneliness. so far, the author's tackled it from the perspective of new friends, close friends, acquaintances, family and society. but never lovers. it's very clear that romance has no real place in nettaigyo's story unlike yagakimi. if you insert romance in a story where romance isn't called for, especially in a story where you have an active reading demographic for romance, that is called pandering

@Gustbk
what are you talking about? konatsu and koyuki are static and decide for inaction? what? koyuki is trying her best to change from being her standoffish perfect self persona and 'be yourself' like her brother and konatsu have been telling her to. konatsu doesn't like it because she likes the old koyuki better, but in this chapter we literally see her moving past that dislike and supporting koyuki when she spoke her mind (something that she would never do in the past). she's still crying at the end because she still can't accept it but at least she's doing something

Dex-chan lover
@pik3rob
"My" criticisms "are consistent", that's why I wrote what I wrote about this chapter.
Isn't just because "I disagree", because "they're not me". I'm judging the development of the characters from the beginning and what I see in this chapter was a negative turn for both.

@Panino Um... no shit... This chapter isn't supposed to be of them making good decisions. Konatsu acted upon her jealousy and need for Koyuki to be by her side and Koyuki was put in an awkward situation and was able to run away from it because of what Konatsu did, ultimately retreating back into her shell. This development for their characters isn't supposed to be one we're supposed to praise. There were mistakes made. That's what makes it so interesting.

Dex-chan lover
Well nobody likes a buzzkill thats for sure id tell her to chill for sure.

Some shitty actions by both of them cuz the author is having them act like retards and Konagsu is especially making some wrong moves be honest already.

Kaede x Fuyuki best ship tbh both of them are great that sounds more interesting then our MCs lol.

Will this ever turn into a romance i wonder? Im very doubtful at this point ....

Fed-Kun's army
Kaede is so perfect, everyone wants to waifu her. Its so cute how Fuyuki is completely smitten by her.

"So who do you have the hots for? Your mom? Your Sister?" This absolutely killed me haha

Users who are viewing this thread