Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru - Vol. 7 Ch. 27 - Konatsu Amano Won't Stand Still (part 1)

Fed-Kun's army
@Pyoro lol ya, this manga is just running through dem tropes one after another with no real creativity behind it. It'll probably end up just like you put it, with the focus on more "communication not allowed" to ensure dumb drama happens

@NightmareWeeb ya, the mangaka loves the endless drama :/ it's really gone downhill since the last arc of "can't talk about the (totally not yuri) feelings" -_-

Dex-chan lover
I was hoping the previous chapter would finally be the trigger to make both Konatsu and Koyuki open up to each other but I guess author-san is keeping it for the absolute last chapter ! I swear, she's better at the long build than 95% of the suspence/horror writers I know of 😂 Also, still not a yuri right ? RIGHT ?

Dex-chan lover
This is how a run-of-the-mill yuri manga ends. This is how a run-of-the-mill yuri manga ends. This is how a run-of-the-mill yuri manga ends. Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
And still Konatsu sheds no tear, because in fiction it's forbidden to show that girls with light hair-colors have emotions.
At least the aunt has some sense.
Well, this manga did have some good parts: It had Kaede... And Honami got to make Konatsu feel better in the end after that ridiculous tearful scene with her mother.

Dex-chan lover
@HoodedHero007

Yep, I feel better now. Thanks to them xD

@Sakino
Anyway kids. This definitely wins my award in frustration for longest running shoujo-ai series that has the potential to turn into yuri, but hasn't because DRAMA.

But yeah, there's also the new kid in the club that seems to have a thing for Konatsu and that knowing how this series work, has either one of two functions: Solidifying the Shoujo-Ai tag, and making him an actual love interest. Or going the yuri route, using him as a way for either of the two girls to realize that they like each other. There's also the third one where everything is a fucking tragedie and no one gets with the person they like, but I don't know if author is willing to do that.

Anyway, NONE of the stuff above will get addressed until they resolve the problem they have with loneliness. We have at least 10 more chapters guys.

Dex-chan lover
@Takki-PT oh sry, i totally forgot about that lol.

man, i wish the author will make this manga become wholesome thing again like the first few chapters. i really miss those diabetes moments

and really hope the new members can be their wingmen UwU

Dex-chan lover
Idk
I think they need to do a mental check to her.
She sees that illusion for a while. That's not good.

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing people don't realize the visualizations represent the characters' feelings and mental state? The large rivers and oceans are like our bigger world, filled with pockets of activity and population density but otherwise vast, empty, and quiet. Being underwater can be calm and relaxing but also lonely, disconcerting, and even suffocating. When you might not have the power and independence to choose where and what you want to be, while having no control over how others feel, this teenage (and admittedly also adult) anxiety is portrayed rather beautifully through metaphor in this manga.

The author also seems to prefer using the power of images to convey hard-to-describe feelings instead throwing large swathes of internal monologues onto the page, for which I am glad because it means more space for the art and illustrations for this particular style of storytelling.

(Do you prefer the opposite, with lots of clever dialogue and narration? May I suggest the absolutely brilliant Kaguya...)

Double-page supporter
once again i love all of the family relationships in this manga and how much the adults really notice and care for the kids <3 you don't see that a lot in other teen drama/romance/school life/whatever series where the parents barely even get mentioned lol so it's really refreshing to see so much love here <3
and it's nice to see konatsu coming to terms with her feelings like this... it may seem simple and repetitive but sometimes even the most basic realisations take a lot of deep introspection and metaphors to really get through to you lol i feel like at the end of this everyone konatsu loves is gonna be standing around her clapping and saying congratulations

I really dislike nettaigyou "fans" constantly complaining that the series isn't doing enough cute based, diabities-inducing yuri scenes, its telling a story of lonliness and alienation. If u can't appreciate the wonderful imagery and symbolism in each, panel because it doesn't hold your hand and give u what u want every chapter, i hope its a yuri as well, people seem to be complaining about their expectations not being met are just not meeting what the mangaka wants the story to be thematically half-way. There's more to yuri/shoujo-ai manga then fluff

Double-page supporter
oh she's the aunt, i thought she was the mom all along... lol

anyway Konatsu's dad is BASED. also why didn't we get a line from the new girl!!! this manga man, goddamnit

Aggregator gang
@Kaine_West Totally agree. I enjoy cutesy stuff too, but I don’t need or want everything I read to be that way. The complaining gets old on this and other titles.

Fed-Kun's army
The parents in this work are so good. I wish Konatsu's father had caught onto his daughter's feelings earlier, but then again she never expressed them. Kinda reminds me of white album 2 in a weird way. One needs a way/medium to express their feelings and it seems Konatsu just put a lid on them instead.

I was able to spend 9 years of my school with almost the same folks, so I can understand what it feels to be a big happy family. Sure I never interacted with anyone, or knew anyone really well, but as a collective how we function (like the same folks become the class prefects, its always the same hands which answer the teachers), take that out and everything feels horribly out of place. The 10th year I spent with "strangers" made me realize my youth is actually over, and then it was always new faces where I never really could get along with anyone. Not that I regret it, but having the same people from nursery till the later schooling years is actually a luxury.

Dex-chan lover
I suddenly remembered a line in Oregairu that would fit here...

"If this is all it takes to break us apart, maybe we're not that close in the first place."

Ganbaru Konatsu-chan! You guys can do it!

Users who are viewing this thread