Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru - Vol. 8 Ch. 29.5 - Kaede Hirose Won't Give Up (part 2)

Dex-chan lover
@Palmfire
Emotionally realistic?
Yeah it is, I would have the same perspective if I was put in the same shoes between two timid girls that probably doesn't really know how friendship actually works due not having a close friends or someone that shares the same interest.

But it's just in general... author probably didn't know what to do with the story anymore. Which makes the majority of the complain after vol 5 turns from an interesting read into boring drama which also happen in manga called Ani to Yome. Except there's this part on Ani to Yome actually has a fluff and does feels like the characters progress alot, things feels like there's stuff is happening and stuff that probably need to be solved.

@voidox
Let's throw the Yuri bait topic out and leave this manga without that genre. What do you think it becomes? Slice of life drama?
It has barely any fluff, because I honestly don't remember any of it. I think 90% of it feels like covered by the whole drama thing without a break.

We're on 8th the end volume chapters dammit. Can we get some happy moment or least have the characters talk about their hobby, laugh together, have an actual bonding between friends that's not covered by angst or the club thing?
All that amount of volume, and the character barely had any developments lol.

In the end I wouldn't surprised if people dropped it on volume 4 onwards, but for us we probably should see it through.
As for people who expected Yuri probably should either drop or just expect it won't end like one.
As someone who thought and expect it was a Yuri already lose hope around volume 5 when author said her work was never been one.

(Actually it would've been funny if this was based on author highschool life) it

@Xaelath

Tbh, reading that arc monthly was such a pain because it felt like it dragged on, but after re reading all of it after it was over, the pacing was just fine to me. I always find this manga makes for a more enjoyable read when I read more than one chapter at once. I think we also have to take into account how far we are from finishing. I really don’t think this will be just a one arc manga, where we are coming to a close now. I think that it will continue on for longer, and in that context the last ten or so chapters won’t seem as if they were as big of deal. I mean, we have to go to at least when Koyuki graduates, which is more than 6 months away. Granted that only a little more than a year has passed by in 30 chapters, we still have a ways to go.

I feel like it’s more like the author has something planned and is purposefully delaying it by milking absolutely every scene that occurs in order to give that event more of a payoff for the reader.

Fed-Kun's army
The only reason I hold on to even a slight expectation of shoujou ai/yuri in this manga is because of a couple of panels back in chapter four where it looks like foreshadowing in the dialog. Konatsu runs up to Koyuki during one of the public events and says "Koyuki (meaning the salamander) totes came out!", excited about the salamander showing itself during the event. But Koyuki (the girl) gave this face:
mQ6OYVZ.png

because she had just been ruminating on her relationship with Konatsu. There was a lot of teased romance at this point in the story.
But the further it goes, I expect it just to be a deep friendship between the two. Which is fine. It's a good story either way. It's just that the tags give a certain expectation for things to happen.
Still, anyone who has traipsed through the Lily or Lala webcomics is well acquainted with idea of a "slow burn", so who knows what could happen in the future?

Dex-chan lover
@Palmfire
Sometimes it had to do with editor as well.
Author takes the raw sketch and brought it to the editor before it get a pass.

There's one Yuri manga that recently tedious and painful until the final outcome turned out to be very great. The manga name was Runaway with me girl.

But it has a good pacing and actual sense of things that happening.

I'll put my faith on 1 last volume, if nothing changes I am just going to drop it.

@Xaelath

Ah, yeah I know what you’re talking about, I almost dropped that manga. Honestly, I really don’t have a problem with the direction of the story, but for people who think it’s dragging, I would say give it a while longer, because we have no idea what’s upcoming in the next arc.

I can’t help but think that the author probably had this story planned out to 28 before she started writing it, since there are a lot of things from earlier chapters that come full circle later, you would have to either reread your own manga endlessly, or already know exactly what you wanted to tell from the start. I’m mostly saying this because Koyuki randomly has a desk with a drawer now, and it wasn’t a thing 4 chapters ago 😂.

It absolutely could have been the editor saying “We need this part to last longer” or “you can’t end your manga now,” but we will honestly never know.

It’s really hard to gauge how long this will continue, or even what is really going to happen next based off of where we are now, but I’m hoping next months chapter will be the catalyst for something new.

Dex-chan lover
@Xaelath
Ikr, we more or less wanted it to be yuri to distract ourselves from how shit and unnecessary the melodrama and monologuing is

Dex-chan lover
@Moonbunne
That probably be me before realising author that the manga was never been about it.

Now that I already knew it, I am not sure why goes that melodramatic over friend relationship as it is not a romantic.

I sincerely doubt they're really that close as well within a year as actual growth tend to be shown over time years after years which is why childhood friend always been special but that was not the case for this manga.

Likewise it's already weird for friend to be that stiff in a relationship. With the two main characters being so rough on personality, they can't really talk it out don't they? So ofc author somehow just had to make drama over those.

Dex-chan lover
@Xaelath
No matter how rough their personalities are, couldn't a "I'll be lonely without you" suffice? They didn't even need to talk it out at length, just that single line would be more than enough, all this hinting and pouting makes it feel like a Korean drama but without the kimchi slaps

I don't get what is even going on. Sure it's about loneliness but their possessive behavior towards each other makes no sense if not for romantic reasons and that seems to be of the table.

VOG

what? it's like the story was out of direction. Overreacted about loneliness! Her sister just move out, not dead. And the boi story? nah.

Users who are viewing this thread