Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru - Vol. 8 Ch. 29 - Kaede Hirose Won't Give Up (part 1)

Dex-chan lover
Well finally calm vanilla chapter (for the most part). I love this, but its always so anxious lately

Dex-chan lover
didn't read lol.
But since there's a blushing boy, I'm assuming this manga is in the full troll mode to piss off the yuri shippers such as myself.
If only I still cared.

Dex-chan lover
At first I was like what the fuck another Kaede chapter? But then at the end she went and redeemed herself

@Halo You do you but when I drop something I find something better to do with my time than gripe in the comments, and as someone who would also like to see them get together don't speak for everyone there buddy. I'm actually here because I want to see the characters growth, the fact you reduce a story to "not gay=bad" is pretty sily

Ore

Dex-chan lover
I see this being axed not for the yuri baiting or whatever petty reason but the actual absence of anything interesting in it and the time it takes to explore its nothingness.

While I overall like this manga, I also am leaning on the "where is this heading?" lately.
I doubt it'll get axed though.

Dex-chan lover
@Ore
Pretty much lol

@ringo_juusu
That depends on author performance and sales.
Bunko tend to axe things as Yurihime does.

Let's be honest here, the fact that this manga got to volume 8 without much happening and much more of an angst is already amazing.

Looking at something like other slice of life manga, it doesn't need something to happen to get things interesting but imo I am starting to lose impression from this manga.

Ani to Yome has similar formula of angst but that one did manage to get things interesting for reader to read.

Dex-chan lover
Kaede being the hero this manga needs once again ! Also, the little brother is so terrible at hiding his crush, it's all sorts of adorable 😆

Dex-chan lover
Wait... what happened to her sister? Do we know? Can’t remember everything in the manga atm.

>By January 2019, vol1~4 total sale surpassed 100,000 copies
>Consistently get to be on the cover of the magazine every other chapter
>Book signing event in January (just before the pandemic)
>2020 Calendar
>Various other limited goods like keychains, plastic stands, huge plastic plate, framed pic, etc. releasing every time a new volume comes out
>Local support from Nagahama, the city the manga takes place in. They even put up an exhibition for this manga there
You can confirm all above information by just looking at the pics on the mangaka's twitter.
https://twitter.com/haginomakoto

There hasn't been any reported sale figure for the recent volumes but it's clear that it is popular enough for the publisher to produce and sell all those goods, as well as a signing event. Not every manga get the same favourable treatment this got so it won't get axed anytime soon.
The mangaka also tweeted during the climax of last act that this is not the end and that she still got an ace up her sleeve.
So yeah, the manga is doing well and the mangaka has devised ahead the plot so it's not going aimlessly either.

As for this chapter, I'm looking forward to see Kaede's side plot getting explored and how Koyuki and Konatsu act around each other now that they're not senpai-kouhai anymore.

Dex-chan lover
@Takki-PT It's good enough to get an anime at this point (and I'm sure it's gonna get it) but you know haters gonna hate.

I like to see more of Kaede's side, she was always been support so now that the MC are close again, what better time than now to give her some development? And on top of that, sleepover in Koyuki's house with Konatsu Included!! (In fact, isn't it amazing that she though of inviting Konatsu too?)... It doesn't get better than that!!!!

Yeah, it's selling greatly in Japan and Japanese people like it but I still feel like it's going downhill for a while now, that's my opinion at least.
At the start it felt awkward but overall there was a certain warmth to it that linged throughout the pages and that's why I sticked to it but around mid volume 5 it faded away and to me that was what made this manga interesting and fun to read, now I'm just here to see how it ends but I don't enjoy it as much as before.

The kids are growing up, it's bittersweet to see. Mom's just thinking of getting the boy closer to the girl he likes, but Kaede taking the chance to get Konatsu in on it too is just gold. I kinda doubt we'll see any real development between the gays beyond more subtext, but I'm fine with being wrong again.

Dex-chan lover
@Halo at least it's not Kobayashi Kina and her bs yuri baiting then switching to yaoi half way through while the original yuri love triangle becomes 3 hets

Users who are viewing this thread