NEW GAME! - Vol. 11 Ch. 122

@Babydel it's happened a lot in real life, you just doesn't know it since it's hidden behind the scenes.

Even mobile games such as FGO does it.

Double-page supporter
@JetKinen

In this universe, Kou is famous though and has spoken at events so fans of the series will know it's her. As for non-famous people it still stands for the people at Eagle Jump, would you really want your best friend or family member in an rpg or whatever? Hard to distance yourself from it and not just be "lul it's bob". I just don't get why you'd want anyone you know, famous or not in a game you're meant to immerse yourself in.

@Duckiedoggo

Of course it does I just personally don't understand why you would, beyond a small easteregg as a nod to the person, but this is the main character and a main side character.

I think I need a new yuri goggle...

@Babydel I don't think so. Even Kou is famous, not every fans actually know her. Remember first chapter?

Dex-chan lover
This is all just a setup to get the whole cast as in-game characters so they can do a Fairies Story 4(-Koma) spinoff, isn't it?

Double-page supporter
@yurirei

Been a few years since then. They have released two games (or was it 3 now) since then with Kou attending at least one public event with many fans and journalists there. Her appearance is going to be more widely known now.

It also just takes one fan to realise it and make a post about it.

Aggregator gang
Now we just need Sophia (the Aoba character from the previous game) to show up, having been saved offscreen by Rin Rin, and the two of them have been living together and become girlfriends in the intervening time...

...What?

Dex-chan lover
Staff being added into the game as significant characters isn't unheard of and actually happens a fair amount. It tends to not be a problem, unless said staff member is a colossal douche prior to the game's release.

See Neil Druckman, or Tameem Antoniades, with TLoU2 and DmC: Devil May Cry respectively.

Double-page supporter
bro say what you will about the story but the character design on this manga is amazing, so far we've seen 3/4 different games being produced and all of them have new designs in them it's oretty amazing

Group Leader
I do kind of miss old Hifumi, but Hifumi is still Hifumi, and Hifumi is still cute.

Dex-chan lover
@Babydel
as others have said, it's not exactly unheard of and basing character designs off of people in the orbit of the company is extremely common. the other point is that even if it's made public that the character appearance is based on one of the major figures involved in creating the game, it's 1. only going to be noticeable to people who are so obsessed with the series that they know who made it and what they look like and 2. completely doesn't matter unless the game itself is obviously a self-insert and the character does some fucked up stuff.

since aoba is the character designer, designing an MC's appearance based on the series creator/original designer is perfectly fine and more of an easter egg for the fans than anything

@Babydel

As of why, why not?

It's hard to create a character based off nothing after all, especially realistic ones. There would be reference here and there. And the easiest place to get a reference are obviously the workplace by itself. If the person are fit the image (and he/she gives the consent), then it's ok.

Dex-chan lover
Rin Rin looks like a pokemon gym leader. I thought there would be a joke abut Hifumi doing the modelling just so that she can change something she doesn't like about her aspect, it must be difficult to model yourself without being biased.

Users who are viewing this thread