Nicola Traveling Around the Demons' World

Double-page supporter
This is a rather cute series. I think I'll start following it.

Aggregator gang
Every page is so charming. Feels just like a classic storybook, updated just slightly for an older audience that can laugh with the exasperated Simon.

Odd artistic style, classic, and cute.
Harta is really one of the experts in the field of fantasy.

This is absolutely wonderful.

With a bit of tweaking this could be an immensely succesful in the West as a children's bedtime book.

Dex-chan lover
I do like the sibling-esque relationship between Nicola and Simon. Wish manga had this sort of format

Power Uploader
There's also the original oneshot that this serialization spawned from (ch. 0 I suppose). I'll try to scan that soon, been working on Meikyuu Kingdom.

Double-page supporter
I'm so glad I decided to follow this manga. And I don't even know what originally prompted me to do so, but through five chapters, it is really enjoyable.

Group Leader
This… is simply… good literature, folks. The adorableness of course permeates everything, but there's also so much mystery that it's hard not to love the series.

Just from the last few chapters: What are those floating things on which the star mushrooms grow? Ghosts can get tired? Ghosts can smell things? Why do ghosts love the smell of mould? How did a little boy get so powerful? Does he actually have a crush? Is Nicola's magic really as amazing as the old man claims?

As much as I love the questions that have been answered, it's the questions that haven't that take this from “really good” to “masterpiece”.

Aggregator gang
They tricked me!
I saw that it was a one shot, so clicked on the link, read it, and then, suddenly, Chapter 1!
Posting the one shot after already posting chapters from the series, what kind of operation is this?!?

Actually, I'm glad it wasn't a one shot one shot, as it were.
It's fun.
Very classic art style.

Something to follow, indeed.

Double-page supporter
@Weasalopes -- I suspect the one-shot was the prototype manga for this series for the publisher to see if the series would work or not. Then the manga got retooled a bit for the regular chapters, if I'm correct.

it's been way too long since I managed to find a good manga. this is a gem

Aggregator gang
@ToddSama
Yeah, that's what I gathered from the scanlation team's post, that the reason for this showing up when it did was that they hadn't scanlated it first, but dove straight into the retooled series.
Once they had the time, they got around to it and posted it as an item of interest.

Not knowing that, it did really surprise me when instead of showing up on the item's home page when I clicked to continue after completing the oneshot, I continued on to Chapter 1.

Damn I was just sad that there was the oneshot instead of ch. 7, since this manga is that good.

Users who are viewing this thread