Nidome no Jinsei wo Isekai de

Everything is canceled about the author.
Light Novel, Manga, Anime. But hey, less isekai? good.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get people that are trying to argue about definitions of free speech - there are enough of those to go around. Rather than try and consider others' arguments in the best interpretation possible, people seem to prefer to argue over whatever definition they are thinking about.
Nobody is arguing that you shouldn't be able to be criticized for whatever you say, since that is obviously a form of censor, so let's stop with the strawmanning.

What I believe the issue is, is that it's not the consumer that decides in this case - most people paying to read this wouldn't really stop reading something that they enjoy simply because of who the author is. They are reading this for their own enjoyment, not because of who the author is as a person. It's the company publishing this that took it upon themselves to decide for their readers that this shouldn't be read by said readers (in their defence - it was done under pressure from the Chinese side, still doesn't change the gist of the idea that it's not the consumer that makes the decision with his wallet), which in an ideal scenario is simply not their job. They are indirectly pushing their opinions and views on to the readers based on the fact that they are simply big enough to afford to do this.
People wouldn't have been outraged if the work didn't sell and it got axed, because that would have been a decision purely motivated by profit. In this case, there's obviously something more to the whole story. And while the publisher has the legal right to discontinue this based on whatever, it doesn't make the whole thing any more justifiable.
Freedom of expression goes only as far as the forums where one can make use of that freedom allowing it. The publisher in this case seems to be able to simply make it impossible for the author to publish his work.
I hope this clarifies why people are pissed - it's because it's thinly veiled censor at work. Nobody would be outraged if this was a business decision based on sales only. And while I believe that this manga is shit, and that it's no great loss that it got axed, it's still disheartening seeing underhanded practices being employed. Who knows, maybe tomorrow something of actual value would get cancelled on similar grounds.

The case this time reminds me of what happened to Aya Hirano. I don't care how bad they are in real life, as long as they can do their job well, I'm fine with it. Such a shame.

Maybe ppl in this industry should keep their mouth tight so they won't make anyone angry. Lol

I know the anime adaptation was canceled.
But is it true that the manga and novel also canceled? :(

Group Leader
Just so you know, when the communist party demands something to be taken down because they didn't like something or becuase they were requested to make the demand (e.g. making a manga about chinese being copy cats or having references to anti-chinese values or referencing pre-ww2 events etc.) they'll usually target the publishing company directly giving them the risk that they will never sell any manga in china again (which can be a big thing, because china does have a huge population and sales potential, even if they do usually end up illegally copying and reselling).

ivv

Dex-chan lover
So.... I everything of this dropped/discontinued??
ln and manga will not get an ending?

Contributor
manga in cancelled until further notice, so 90% we will never see a continue

@lacroix i can answer why no one goes after the chinese authors, because they aren't mainstream, their novels aren't even meant for our eyes to begin with, they never wrote them with the idea of them being viewed worldwide. Does that excuse them for being racist? No. But they weren't meant for anyone else but the chinese to begin with, and what china is, is what china is.]

@Ciel88 it's the same as japanese "culture" product. those work also isn't meant for outside their country. They always use japanese kanji, japanese voice, japanese law to create anything. They have very heavy regulation ( and pride maybe ) if they want to ship it outside their country. Thats why there are only 2 successfull licensing publisher in the west, YenPress and Crunchyroll. Maybe 3 if you want to count steam with their recent VN release.

Those anime/manga/novel that you saw and read is mostly translated by fansubber, which is illegal in japan regulation eye. You know why there are so little official english subtitle/translation? Because it's very hard to get them licensed at. It's not about how much money you throw to japan to have their officially publish outside their country with other than japan language, it's just they are created for only their people.

Everything, or maybe almost everything you see in this site and other same site is illegal in japan law eye. They allowing this "illegal" activity because they cannot stop this. the same reason why pirated movie and game exist. And of course there exist reason for "marketing" of course.

And i also have another counter for your reasoning. Those chinese novel is exist in the official release for worldwide people. Qidian, Wuxiaword, Gravitytales, and many other is translating those chinese novel with author consent. Wuxiaworld is stating they have "130 million pageviews a month" i wonder how much if you count all other site. if that much pageview you dont call it "worldwide" then i cannot do anything.

I guess i can preface this by saying i am Chinese,(lived 9 whole years in the capital of the whole country no less !) and im sure everyone knows enough of WW2 to know the bad blood between chinese and japanese. Thats why most chinese wn authors write japanese as the 2bit villains in their stories, just like how we put nazi as 2bit villains in Wolfenstien. I'm not trying to justify those authors, but what im trying to say is that i know where they are coming from.
And just for the record, one of my best friends is japanese, so don't say that we can't all get along as human beings.

@Ciel88 this is true. all of this is depicted heavily on almost all chinese novel that have "racism" on it. WIth this reasoning those chinese author make japanese and korea people as i stated in below
They are always around somewhere where chinese people is the best, korea japan amurica people are all slave driver that always r*pe woman, typical villain that dont have brain, heavy capitalism, and other stupid thing.

I will say this once again. this hypocrisy situation is not anything to laugh about. This situation is exist only for killing this title. And we as reader cannot do anything about it.

and now official LN translation get axed too after vol 3
but on other hand non official translator picked up from where he dropped

Dex-chan lover
lacroix, certainly, we as Western readers can do nothing about it. The book, Manga, etc isn't written for us and the publisher is likely barely tolerating the fact that this website exists (much less the fan translators), but that doesn't mean that the consumers in Japan have no say.
Sure, they have LESS say than a massive country like China with a military that could likely wipe Japan off the map before any of their allies could react... But that doesn't force the author to stop writing (i.e. web novel).

Also, the Japanese government could appeal to the hosts of the various websites and their advertisers. This has happened before.

@Vykos

I am happy to hear that the LN is continuing translation unofficially. I hope that the translator isn't threatened by the CCP.

As an oversea ethnic Chinese (by our country standard, 1/2 and even 1/4 Chinese usually counts themselves as ethnic Chinese because somehow it made them different than the native majority), I found this move towards the author to be quite tyrannical, never mind the author is a right-wing ultranationalist and I hate his MC anyway. The ethnic Chinese in my country loves to criticize and stereotype other ethnic groups especially the majority, throwing all bad behaviors to be specific to them, while keep praising their own hard-working ethic, and other positive aspects in our culture (like the other ethnics don't have them).

I mean, I can't stand mainland Chinese MC at all. I used to hate how Korean manhwa usually have their characters screaming about Korean superiority above the rest of the world, but Chinese novels took it further. At least Japanese don't openly write in their novels that they're the greatest in the world (but everything happened in Tokyo).

I fear that this behavior of China will extend to any criticism towards the behavior of Chinese, because they fear their dignity and feeling would be hurt. All the while they're free to insult other races.

Double-page supporter
@AKIKAN I agree with what you said but I would say the Japanese are just as bad but they do it as frequent but in more subtle ways than Chinese from my experience with manga/manhwa/anime but being in the region your perspective trumps mine.....

Dex-chan lover
China insults other countries in its media and can't stand some small manga recalling its bad history. What the fuck is with that logic.

Dex-chan lover
I was going to start reading this, but considering it's apparently getting axed because the author is a fascist, I guess I won't bother.

Power Uploader
@TetraSky

It’s still worth the read.

If they do axe the manga... I hope they d9 8t at one 9f Thor “natural arc endings” and not “on the edge of the teetering cliff” while we want to know more...

There’s the web novel we can read too... I’ve had some trouble getting into it tho cause I’m rehashing at first from the manga here,,,

Dex-chan lover
AKIKAN and firefox1234, I am fairly certain that most cultures are guilty of that. Look at what Americans do with fiction from other parts of the world (meaning Hollywood remakes). 'sides even without taking into account American literature, there is the whole colonization of the U.S. (I got paranoid with its official name as Googling it resulted in other things...)
Realistically a country or culture will center around and focus on itself within fiction. What better subject material than that which you know best? Even if it creates a massive impression of arrogance (U.S. stories about aliens visiting ewrth place them here, European stories place them there, Asian stories... Etc.)
Heck, the very notion that we are the center of the universe and literally anything that exists cares about little Earth shows this... The truly impressed stories are not those of "other worlds" but of other beings entirely... That which doesn't even have to do with humans or humanoids... But these (at lease well done ones) are fiew and far between.

Naturally, this doesn't make the type of storytelling that you two brought up "good" or "ok" I am simply pointing out that nearly all countries are guilty of it...

@firefox1234 @AKIKAN who doesn't do that? I'm from a 3rd world country not in Europe or Asia (not saying where because I dislike posting personal info on the webs) and to be quite honest that behavior is quite the usual thing in our stories as well, although not usually "the best in the world" our stories usually depict us as the smartest or the kind of lovable assholes that is always a few steps ahead.
I'm pretty sure that is just a human thing...
@Aricitic "Naturally, this doesn't make the type of storytelling that you two brought up "good" or "ok" I am simply pointing out that nearly all countries are guilty of it..." Why wouldn't it be ok? May it even be good depending on the story no? I mean the Last Samurai with the "outsider that ends up learning the way of the natives and becomes way better at it than the fucking natives" is a pretty retarded plot but it was still a fun movie with a badass OST.

Dex-chan lover
Dabaha, because there is a difference between cultural ignorance or indifference or blindness and straight up propaganda.
The things the others were referring to is borderline or literally propaganda... Works with the intention of propping up the culture and people it is written for. I.e. the difference between Americans figuring out how to bewt the aliens in Independence Day and X (isolationist) culture killing any and all "Invaders" because all others are barbarians and they have a responsibility to remove them from the world... (Which has been the plot of a number of actual works...)

So, centering literature on one's own culture... Not bad. Centering literature on one's own culture AND claiming all others are naturally inferior... Well, we've historically seen where that leads...

@Aritic it was one of minor trigger of some bullsh t event you people call first world war . And not long after that the same mistake happened and you have another bullsh t called second world war where economical collapse happened here and there .

war is this world despair and you who waging war for profit will burn in hell longer than me

Back to the manga . Elves is always
flat?
. It seems this manga has elves that suit my taste . ?

Users who are viewing this thread