Nidome no Yuusha - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Laugh at the second chance's world [Last part]

Double-page supporter
Poor guy, he might get away with the revenge but that name will haunt him forever.
This is why you always think about your isekai names ahead of time.

Aggregator gang
Yes, we've all had the same basic reaction.

After all that, it's the name he chose for referring to his avenger persona that he regrets.

Mind, given that they apparently considered him a tool to be disposed of once it's task was done even prior to summoning him does somewhat justify his actions, but there's the possibility that in his quest to make them suffer prior to dying, he may have made an error. It's always a bad idea to leave a dedicated enemy alive, when the opportunity arises to eliminate them.

Fed-Kun's army
Like mentioned by @Mitcha, That's what makes you cringe? Not the Edgyness oozing out of every word you say? This is really just dumb, This might end up being one of those "So Bad It's good" Manga's that rarely come around. From my experience, It's easier to find a Bad Movie, Novel, Game, Anime and then a Manga. I just rarely ever find any Manga that is so bad it's good and this might just be it.

Aggregator gang
@Yamibi

Well, that, to an extent, is the whole point.

They're broken. Why are they broken? Because the "civilized" people in authority over them were not civilized at all.

Those in authority claimed that their actions were justified, acceptable. They weren't. They were the actions of evil people.

Based upon what they did, I can't fault him for wanting them dead.

That they are broken people is why they seek to inflict pain prior to killing them; their mental health is very bad, they aren't civilized any longer.

Their desire to inflict as much suffering as possible prior to killing the ones the seek retribution against is clouding their tactical and strategic judgement; pragmatically, they should kill them as soon as they have the opportunity to do so and are still able to escape.

It's stupid to make someone aware that you are their mortal enemy and leave them alive when you plan on killing them in the end; so long as they live, there's the possibility they may successfully turn the tables.

They aren't sane any longer, not as we would consider sane.

It's definitely up in the air if I can stomach reading this manga any further.
I can accept killing the individuals who harmed them, given just what was done, but torture is not something I'm interested in.

Dex-chan lover
I think killing his enemy now, instead of leaving her alive to remain a threat is a bad idea. If he killed everyone in that room, there would be no witnesses to identify him. What if later on they find someone he cares about and get hostages?

Dex-chan lover
If this was written in a more mature manner, this could be better. Instead of this edgy, straightforward revenge right off the bat, he should have played them a little at first. With all of his knowledge, he could have made them fail from the inside, torturing them emotionally, making them see their whole wold crumble around them, turned them against each other, all the while making sure they don't know why. Then he could have revealed everything to them and killed them when they were at their wit's end, full of fear and frustration. Or if he had wanted, he could have given them a tiny bit of false last hope, before ending them, like Caster in Fate Zero taught.

But it's possible the author wouldn't have had the skills to write such a story. It could be quite challenging.

Dex-chan lover
we don't even know what she did to him... they just killed him at the end and made fun of him. Now he's in this life and torturing them before they even did anything wrong. Dropped.

On the second reading (yeah I'm really bored to reread this) the torture is hella weak, if he really wanted to break her he could have taken her and made her become a complete slave to desire and then resend her to the kingdom where she's gonna become the bitch princess, and that just a nice mind break, there so much better thing to do that just... exploding her mouth once and then writing something on her back... Even If I find revenge to be a meaningless thing, especially when you don't kill the target, there's always a chance to it'll come back to you. But well, that's the point of this pass time story~

Group Leader
Honestly, I don't see how being betrayed and killed made him THAT fucked in the head. There's gotta be more to this than the author stroking his massive guro revenge boner right?

Dex-chan lover
It's lame to torture people who haven't done anything yet. This is kind of like the cunundrum of, "Would you kill baby Hitler if you went back in time?" when another readily available solution would be to raise him yourself and make sure he doesn't come out as a lunatic.

If anything, this choice is even more bad because he's making things worse for otherworlders that come after him if the people in the Isekai world don't shut the summoning program down altogether that is.

Dex-chan lover
@CheerTheDead tbh I feel like it's not really vengeance if the targets don't know what's going on. Seems like he's just providing himself with stress relief.

Double-page supporter
@gum_rummy that’s what vengeance is the sense of inflicting suffering to your targets. It’s justice that you want they to know why and regret.

At this time he still dont have any idea what happend around him, so obviously when he already in rage with betrayal suddenly met his target revenge, of course he will beat her up. So after he notice about tutorial mode ended, he need to escape to raise his level because he only at lv 1. He want to challenge the whole kingdom so of course he dont have enough power for revenge other than guards in the room. After he gain enough level and allies, he will start his full revenge for the whole kingdom. I think you guys are the one who dont understand the plot.

Dex-chan lover
its hard to imagine he wasnt already a lunatic, i dont think you get betrayed once and instantly are happy carving words on a woman lmao. the other revenge mangas set it up better

Aggregator gang
I just came back to read these first few chapters again after the latest chapter
Chapter 10, for those in the future
and yeah, I can certainly see how this is justified

Users who are viewing this thread