Nidome no Yuusha

I have never been a fan of betrayal, but gosh darn, I do like a good revenge story, especially after being betrayed like this.

Contributor
edgy/10

edit: now that i read past the first chapter i have to admit i like the fact that this atleast goes against the "mushy mushy bullshit, nothing bad ever happens to the mc and everything works out in the end [:" garbage that plagues the iseaki genre

also "This is truly a gory & sadistic manga for particularly disturbed reader." lol no this is some light shit, not to mention the fact it isnt more fleshed out causes it to have no emotional impact past the initial gore.

but with all of that being said this is still a hard pass just cause in a review i read it said
"Since the people who wronged the protagonist in the "first run" obviously didn't get to actually betray him in this timeline, his obsession with ruining, torturing and killing them in this timeline is a little petty... so then the author spends an inordinate amount to pages to justify how they are the worst human beings anyway to reassure the readers they deserve it, which kinda feels like putting the cart before the hose, not to mention it gets repetitive real quick."
which sounds like a fucking drag if ive ever heard of one

Dex-chan lover
I feel like this MC and the MC from Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi would get along quite well and start going on a killing spree together and have a good ol' time.

Aggregator gang
Sairin Yuusha no Fukushuu Hanashi

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/sairin-yuusha-no-fukushuu-hanashi/

I would suggest this light novel as it has a similar concept but it’s after the fact. The MC is reincarnated but not in his old body and it’s after several years have passed. And he teams up with the Demon King.
If you like torture aspect the MC does it too but in a more interesting dynamic.

I’m not usually a fan of Isekai manga but this one has an interesting premise, it does seem a bit edgy but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I really hope the MC and his accomplice don’t back down super hard on their goals.

Fed-Kun's army
You know how they say movies like "The Room" Are so bad it's good? Well that's how I feel with this. The story tries being so Edgy that it's just funny, I can't take anything seriously with how much this story tires to be dark.

The MC obsession with revenge isn't even all that warranted. Sure he was betrayed. But It's not like he suffered all that much besides the pain. Unlike the Bunny girl that watched her friends suffer and be reminded that no one wants her.

The story also has some of the dumbest plots, You a recently freed slave and want revenge? Well just hop in that kitchen and bake a potion that will change an entire person being into a goblin! It doesn't even make sense why this was done. This also leads to plot holes! If you can turn humans into Goblins, Then can you turn a Monster into a Human?

It's a shame cause the premise of someone reliving a world they've saved and have suffered losses in is kind of interesting. Only story I know that does that is "What Came to Mind During My Third Time in Another World Was to for Now, Get Naked"

Fed-Kun's army
I really hope they will explain in details how MC was wronges. From what I've seen just beeing killedis not enough to spark this brutality.

Fed-Kun's army
@SovietWeeb
https://mangadex.org/title/21758/kaifuku-jutsushi-no-yarinaoshi Does this concept a lot better, MC having not only been betrayed but tortured for years by being made into a drug addict, the subject of physical abuse on a daily basis, subject to humiliation like lapping up urine, and being sodomized by one of the male members for years until the team kills the Demon King.

This manga, unlike Kaifuku does a way worse job establishing why MC is so justified in his bloodthirst, but that might be a good thing if there's a decent plot reveal and it isn't just "I was murdered boo hoo".

Users who are viewing this thread