Nidoto Ie ni wa Kaerimasen! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

I like that the (potential) ML has his priorities straight. That's a plus. Minus points for following yet again cinderella premise from damsel in distress to a mary sue type of gal

Whoa, that boy is perfection and the way he treated MC is hella cute. Also, let's throw this twin sis bish away asap I'm sure she'll be a pain

Dex-chan lover
Based on a WN of the same name.
https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6654fn

Author points out that the WN version, the LN version, and the manga version differ from each other in terms of settings, character appearance scenes, wording, and tone. Tldr Not a 1:1 adaptation.

Fed-Kun's army
The art looks good but the story seems to be very generic again. If she always wished for that cinderella like experience I would've liked that she herself approached the appraiser and show us her agency with that instead of being saved and seem like such a damsel in distress.
Welp, I'll follow anyway for now 😀

Fed-Kun's army
why would twin sister be treated this much differently?

I was sure they would say she is her step sister, but twins?

Can I kill that twin ? Jk I love the art it’s so beautiful thanks for picking this up.

the art style is very cute and i like how it's going so far, but i hope she becomes cooler and gets a bit of agency as the story goes, but! thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
@Mira995 : if it is the same as the WN
they are not twins, MC is the daughter of the first wife who died in child birth a couple days before the sis was born, but the mother does not know because the father was afraid how she would treat another womans child, the "maternal grandfather" got the mother to hate the MC

@ColourMyAlphabet : severely abused people can be rendered unable to take agency, especially of the action is not 100% guaranteed to help.

@gab99 : from what I remember of the WN,
she does grow, but it is slow, they researchers put alot of effort into helping her heal the emotional (and physical) scars of her mother's neglect and abuse (her growth has been permanently stunted from the starvation). She is still a kid surrounded by grown ups, but she does gain some initiative.

Double-page supporter
Usually, nobles have all their children placed in a government registry upon birth. It's for inheritance and marriage purposes. Also to keep tabs on the nobles in general by the monarchy. So it wouldn't take a magic appraiser to know that there was a second child in the house, he probably only went there because the registry said there were two children who came of age.

I'm curious, did they say her father was dead? Or is there some other reason he is absent. Does she take after her father in looks? What the deal with that? I mean they keep saying Baron's wife, Baron's daughter, but as the older twin, if her father is dead, wouldn't she have the right of inheritance? A widow can only act as regent/guardian until the heir comes of age.

Hmm I dunno...from how they framed it, if she didn't have any magic abilities, she'd be left in that house to be abused? So she was only worth saving because she has magic...

@Asbolus
The appraiser still seemed to care, so he might have tried helping even if she didn't have skills. He knew exactly what was going on with the older twin and was pissed about it. You have a point though.

This is a message for those a month ago.
1. this isn't a damsel in distress trope
2. This is saving a child from abusive people situation.
3. Just because a guy is saving some girl doesn't mean it's a damsel in a distress situation.

Users who are viewing this thread