Nidoto Ie ni wa Kaerimasen! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Well that's an incredibly limited skill.
Unless she can create mythical seeds? Or ones only in her imagination, like a tree that grows freshly baked bread or even gold.

Dex-chan lover
The flow is a little... out there, but over all this is enjoyable.
Many thanks

Double-page supporter
I hope the other twin, not the mc, gets a slap in the face when she is getting her manner lessons. too harsh?

Double-page supporter
make a seed of [MP UP] repeat until you max out your MP. Then max out all other stats and produce a seed of immortality or some other status effect seed or skill learning seed.

@Riger Consider the setting, she will probably be able to create seeds of rare herds that could cure diseases and rare plants that can be use in spell or potions. It's not fancy but very useful.

Thanks for the translation! Chelsea's skill is very useful! I hope the academy helps her develop her sense of self worth because her family has done n o t h i n g for her.

Dex-chan lover
If nothing else I could see her ability being useful for creating hybrid or variant seeds. Both are possible in our world as it stands but getting the resulting creations to successfully grow is sometimes difficult. Could see her being asked to make multiples of the harder to cultivate seeds just to increase the odds of one surviving long enough to create more seeds naturally.

I kind of want to smack Tris and
the
Prince(?)

This girl was clearly abused why would anyone think she had the stamina to go using magic right off the bat.

She was abused. She might not know she can say hey I don't feel good can we stop like any normal child.

Yeah, I get you're excited but let's try not to kill off the girl with a new skill.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Darkmint13 I'd say it is because of time skips and lack of information (both magical and physical knowledge).

Double-page supporter
the author choosing to remove all her scars in the second chapter is basically closing off many future possibilities of interactions, also she basically looks like any random shoujo fantasy protag now

I don't like how they put the MC who was mistreated her whole life and is visibly insecure in front of basically the whole institute to demonstrate her skill with neither telling her about it beforehand nor even teaching her how to use her skill.

@Nep Was there a time skip?

She looks the same.

Either way it just felt like they were basically making a newbie run the equivalent of a marathon without any training.
Just seems counterproductive.

Dex-chan lover
It's not bad, but people at the academy feel like they kinda... lack empathy? If being used for the purposes of an inherent skill is what it takes to get her to stop being tortured, I guess it could be worse, but it could be better.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Darkmint13

Time skip of hours/days. (I for one don't believe the royal institute is that near. Then there is the whole dressing up thing and gathering the audience thing. I would say all of it together would take several hours at minimum. Normally enough to recover "stamina". There is also the fact that the prince healed her. )

Incidentally, the lacking information is "Everything regarding her magic" which includes how taxing the magic is (is it equivalent to running a marathon or is it just like writing? From what energy pool does her magic come from?)

and also "Medical/physical knowledge" such as how much rest/food an abused child needs to have before regaining the necessary 'health' (mental or otherwise) needed for strenous(?) activities. I sincerely doubt a magic fantasy community have the sufficient knowledge on how to deal with abused children.

If I had a complain about their conduct it would be "FEED HER FIRST YOU DUMBASS! SHE JUST TOLD YOU SHE EATS SEEDS FOR MEALS!"

Users who are viewing this thread