Niehime to Kemono no Ou - Vol. 9 Ch. 50

@Misticsan

Well, that would actually be Grand Duchy of Muscovy (to the northeast) if we follow the timeline based on assumption of Saliphie being Hurrem Sultan. Just a couple of years before Ivan the Terrible declares himself Tsar and creates Russia. Might be Poland as well though, depending on how much further east humans are, since Hurrem was taken from Ruthenia (which was part of Poland at the time).

Now that I look at this, Osmalgo's 'elite' soldiers look like janissaries. I mean our boy Jorm wears a god damn fez cap (among countless other people). That's as ottoman as he can get. Not to mention that Osmalgo suspiciously looks like Osmanlı (the founding dynasty of Ottoman Empire after which it is named).

Dex-chan lover
@Moribden To be specific this sort-of-vassal would be the Crimean khanate, which was indeed an ottoman protectorate for many years, as for the humans, I believe the historical parallel to the humans is just "the christians in general" (yes this does give the somewhat awkward christians=human and muslims=monster people), the chapter does specify north east of totally-not-crimea, which I do believe is muscovy/russia, while those independent states to the north west would be lithuania (itself about merge with poland) so... I guess we'll be seeing cossacks soon.

@Drakan

Well, Poland was also to the north east. Or rather north-north-east. While Muscovy was more of a east-north-east. Would depend on point of reference, though. Borders of the time were wobbly and overlapping in the era, as well. When thinking of independent states, I think that semi-autonomous rayas that sat between Khanate and Moldavia/Walachia would fit better.

Aside from cossacks we're also likely to see mongols and circassians, lul. It should be around the time Nogai gained independence from the Golden Horde (and started raiding in all possible directions) and Muscovy broke their alliance with Crimean Khanate. Shit's getting exciting, yo.

Ah, I see. So this country they're visiting is a kind of totalitarian/communist society like Iraq was under Hussein, and Cuba was under Castro. Both have several examples of crowds being forced to show favor to certain people or things whether they wanted to or not. This should be an interesting arc.

Users who are viewing this thread