NieR: Automata: YoRHa Shinjuwan Kouka Sakusen Kiroku - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

The conclusion of this story is going to be sad af if you know how it goes from playing the game.
But boy am I a sucker for depressing Yoko Taro stories.

Double-page supporter
Yikes, its the stage play in manga form. That shit sad af and truly a work of Yoko Taro. Love that guy.

@magicalgirlelsa Yee, the stage play was pure depression.
And the stage play was still a bit more reliant on the imagination since the characters looked so different from the actors.
A manga with characters looking as they were designed with all the imagery and backgrounds, etc drawn in, this manga is going to be devastating.
Thanks for the translation!

@senshi912 Thanks! I will keep that in mind. I didn't know there was a translation version of 1.3 out there... 👀 I've got the 1.2 BD and watched it probably dozens of times now lol, but I usually have trouble understanding masculine speech, so I haven't tried 1.3.

@judevin28 You're welcome! Yeah, I especially liked seeing the characters in their flight units. The YoRHa 1.2 stage play looks worlds more similar to Automata (like with the outfits, using the YoRHa salute, A2 actually having silver hair, the machines being projected on the background) compared to 1.0, but of course they can't easily actually hop into some mecha suits and fly around the stage. (Though I'd love to see it if they did...)

@magicalgirlelsa I just finished it recently and been debating on sharing my subtitles on reddit or not (or in public in general), since I'm not particular of drawing attention to myself. I do recommend 1.3 since it's on the fun darker side (Lily is best boy)---not to mention some of the BD-only scenes/dialogues that weren't in the original script (I have 1.3a & aa). Especially since I'm currently translating the YoRHa Boys novel (the localized version's level of translation makes me sad).

@senshi912 I'd be happy to try and collab with you in some way if that would help you feel more comfortable at all? But I feel that; I actually subbed 1.2 for my own personal use and was thinking of releasing at least a script translation for it (I own the 1.2 script myself, too), but second guessed myself, and then saw someone (you, I'm guessing) had beat me to it. :p I might still release a script style translation just since I already put the work in, and to try to get more eyes on the stage plays, which are just fantastic... though I apologize if that would feel like I was stepping on your toes.

I'm also working on a script translation for KimiShi Zero_Kai. I have the Red End, Black End, and White Extra on BD, plus the script for Red End. So right now I'm working on Red End and then I'll try my hand at Black End.

@magicalgirlelsa Ahhh, no I'm not Edo-chan. But I've helped him with a few lines here and there. Specifically clarifying Gerbera's speech. But he hasn't updated it since I've lent my assistance, so overall I wouldn't consider it complete. So I don't consider it stepping on my toes because I feel the same way. Oh! I haven't seen those, but if you do need help feel free to ask. I messaged you my discord so feel free to add me

Group Leader
Damn, what amazing timing. I just finished Nier Automata yesterday, I'm still thinking about that ending. This is a great time to become a Yoko Taro fan. Any of you guys playing Reincarnation and the Repilicant remake when they come out?

Users who are viewing this thread