Nihonkoku Shoukan - Ch. 41 - Airstrike Begins

Long-strip supporter
They do have 1 advantage over Japan, a limited number of advanced weapons and replacing losses/used materials. The simple usage of planes puts serious wear and tear on them, let alone the missiles. Replacing them will be a problem when say, the chips they use are made in another world.

Dex-chan lover
I see the fighter is also loaded with the AAM-5 which I think is IR guided, did the enemy force have anything that generated enough heat for that to lock on to?
Or did they load with unecesary weight?

Unless they actually can "see" the wyverns, which I assume are cold-blooded, tho maybe not enough.
Wyverns and dragons in fantasy aren't considered cold-blooded afaik, do you see them laying in the sun to raise their temperatures like lizards/reptiles? Besides they breath fire and fly. Flying creatures use a lot of energy and produce a lot of heat. That's why modern paleontology consider dinosaurs warm blooded.
Thanks for another chapter... they trickle out slowly so I've forgotten, but are the logistics hand-waved or supported? I vaguely recall that the entire island of Japan came over to this world- along with its military- and that is supposed to handwave concerns about logistics like fuel, ammo, personnel, etc. But IRL Japan's fuel is 97% imported and 99.9% military hardware imported. Was this addressed already?
how much military supply does japan have? i feel like they've used a lot and do they even produce their own stuff or do they buy it from other nations like the US?
From the get go, that's covered in the early chapters. Food from Qua-toyne. Oil from Qulia.

Japan doesn't import 99.9% of their military hardware. You can say it's the other way around, from various sources the JSDF produces up to 90% of their weapons locally between indigenous japanese designs and western products under license. There's a big difference between stating that they import everything and manufacturing a lot of the same western weapons locally under license. It's like saying that the USA import 99.9% of their German & Japanese branded cars or NATO has to buy every single Mk. 82 dumb bomb casing from the USA because it's an American bomb.

Any of the japanese weapons or vehicles with a Type-something or AAM-something suffix are domestically designed & produced. Their AAM-3 is their equivalent to AIM-9 sidewinders, their AAM-4 equivalent to AIM-7 and AIM-120, AAM-5 equivalent to AIM-9x or Iris-T. They manufacture their domestic weapons locally as well as licensed ones from foreign companies and only a small percentage is bought when the previous two are not an option.

The Lockheed P-3 featured in this chapter for example is not imported, most of them were manufactured locally by Kawasaki under license and they also manufacture their new indigenous designed P-1 maritime surveillance & anti-sub plane.
Their F-15J and F-2 might sound like they came from Boeing or Lockheed but they were manufactured by Mitsubishi under license and some of their upgrades are done with locally designed and produced avionics.
The P&W F100 and GE F110 engines used by those are manufactured by IHI Corporation under license. That same japanese company also manufactures or have jointly developed engines for many other applications in military and airline used in the west.
Although their order was cut short from the intended 50, the JSDF's AH-64 apache most of them were manufactured by Fuji Heavy Industries under license. On another note, England for example didn't import the Boeing AH-64 or the SH-3 Sea King, they manufactured theirs in AugustaWestland under license.

Most if not all of the JGSDF AFV and JMSDF ships are manufactured locally and so on and on.

So, as I already commented in a previous chapter, Japan is in no crisis for current gen tech manufacture even isolated from our world. In fact you could say they've been freed from the shackles of patents and intellectual property.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
sooo mu isw from the second civilized ring area or?
so who will be in the 1st? somehow i am worried we will meet mustach man or worse his stupid reich

Power Uploader
I see the fighter is also loaded with the AAM-5 which I think is IR guided, did the enemy force have anything that generated enough heat for that to lock on to?
Or did they load with unecesary weight?

Unless they actually can "see" the wyverns, which I assume are cold-blooded, tho maybe not enough.
Even if they're warm blooded, it's not enough of an IR signature to lock on with an anti-aircraft missile. Those things are looking for turbine engines and exhaust gasses running at hundreds of degrees, not the body heat of an animal.

Maybe, maybe, you could assume they're radar guided and pinging off the knight's armor, but even that is a huge stretch.

Group Leader
Thank you
FOX-1 are radar, so that makes sence.
However, FOX-2's have apparently gotten so good at tracking IR, they can apparently track the heat on the fusilage created by air friction, so might be able to map down to the temps of the wyvern bodies, but in this case, as you said it only need the flame sac.
Isn't Type 99 suppose to be AAM-4? An active radar homing air-to-air missile. Also according to LN wise, I don't know if it's intentional from the author or not but according to tactical brevity code, FOX code should be FOX-3 instead. (Although I know AMRAAM can be launch as FOX-1, but for AAM-4, I feel like it would not typically be launched as FOX-1 in this scenario.)

image.png

This panel kinda bugs me a little when they launched fox-3 as fox-1.
:shamihuh:

Dex-chan lover
They do have 1 advantage over Japan, a limited number of advanced weapons and replacing losses/used materials. The simple usage of planes puts serious wear and tear on them, let alone the missiles. Replacing them will be a problem when say, the chips they use are made in another world.
Indeed. Unless they have chip fabs. Even if they have, how long before their EUV machines breakdown, needing maintenance from ASML which is not in Japan.

Dex-chan lover
Wyverns and dragons in fantasy aren't considered cold-blooded afaik, do you see them laying in the sun to raise their temperatures like lizards/reptiles? Besides they breath fire and fly. Flying creatures use a lot of energy and produce a lot of heat. That's why modern paleontology consider dinosaurs warm blooded.

To my understanding, modern paleontology considers warm bloodedness to be ancestral condition to all of archosauria (Dinosaurs, crododiles and their closest living and dead relatives), long before birds evolved, and only reason crocodiles and their closest kin lost warm-bloodedness was because it was detrimental to "underwater ambush predator" lifestyle

Dex-chan lover
Indeed. Unless they have chip fabs. Even if they have, how long before their EUV machines breakdown, needing maintenance from ASML which is not in Japan.
Japan is / used to be one of the nations that produced some of the largest amounts of high-tech equipment in the world. Why would they not have chip fabrication?

Dex-chan lover
Got outcompeted by TSMC
IRL they're ramping back up to produce semiconductors and computer chips to reclaim their market share worldwide, not to mention they've still been in production for decades.

Just because they're not as prevalent as they once were doesn't mean they'd completely stopped production. They'd likely have more than enough in-universe as long as they could get the materials, which is the real problem for this manga's version of Japan - AFAIK, there's not nearly as much local production of raw materials compared to consumption, though with the rather (somewhat incredibly) reduced need to export, they'd likely be able to strike a balance.

Dex-chan lover
Japan's wet dream, bombing without US breathing on their neck.
I wish they would stop calling them eastern barbarian tho, haven't they learned yet in every skirmishes they're being turned into complete bodybags😂

Dex-chan lover
So, after clearing out the airforce, are those big turboprops going to carpet bomb the round eye long noses? Uno reverse banzai

Dex-chan lover

From the get go, that's covered in the early chapters. Food from Qua-toyne. Oil from Qulia.

Japan doesn't import 99.9% of their military hardware. You can say it's the other way around, from various sources the JSDF produces up to 90% of their weapons locally between indigenous japanese designs and western products under license. There's a big difference between stating that they import everything and manufacturing a lot of the same western weapons locally under license. It's like saying that the USA import 99.9% of their German & Japanese branded cars or NATO has to buy every single Mk. 82 dumb bomb casing from the USA because it's an American bomb.

Any of the japanese weapons or vehicles with a Type-something or AAM-something suffix are domestically designed & produced. Their AAM-3 is their equivalent to AIM-9 sidewinders, their AAM-4 equivalent to AIM-7 and AIM-120, AAM-5 equivalent to AIM-9x or Iris-T. They manufacture their domestic weapons locally as well as licensed ones from foreign companies and only a small percentage is bought when the previous two are not an option.

The Lockheed P-3 featured in this chapter for example is not imported, most of them were manufactured locally by Kawasaki under license and they also manufacture their new indigenous designed P-1 maritime surveillance & anti-sub plane.
Their F-15J and F-2 might sound like they came from Boeing or Lockheed but they were manufactured by Mitsubishi under license and some of their upgrades are done with locally designed and produced avionics.
The P&W F100 and GE F110 engines used by those are manufactured by IHI Corporation under license. That same japanese company also manufactures or have jointly developed engines for many other applications in military and airline used in the west.
Although their order was cut short from the intended 50, the JSDF's AH-64 apache most of them were manufactured by Fuji Heavy Industries under license. On another note, England for example didn't import the Boeing AH-64 or the SH-3 Sea King, they manufactured theirs in AugustaWestland under license.

Most if not all of the JGSDF AFV and JMSDF ships are manufactured locally and so on and on.

So, as I already commented in a previous chapter, Japan is in no crisis for current gen tech manufacture even isolated from our world. In fact you could say they've been freed from the shackles of patents and intellectual property.
This was also explained in the LN. However, the numbers of new tanks and attack helos will takes time to grow. Hopefully they reach the numbers (including commissioning of JMSDF's first CSG as well as its first F-3 squadrons) that they need for the 'final assault' of the Gra Valkan mainland

Dex-chan lover
I think modern FOX-2s can track prop planes, so I wouldn't be surprised if they can track wyverns.
Prop planes engines are like hundreds of degrees in exhaust. And they struggle to lock unless it's really close. Wyvern is like animal. Won't ever lock lol.

Users who are viewing this thread