Nihonkoku Shoukan - Ch. 42 - The Imperial Army Military Base

Dex-chan lover
I love that the Wyvern kennels have air vents and are not just the typical barn design. It shows Palpadaria understand the science of natural airflow and regulating temperature. Its one thing to show they have magic radars but its also great the mangaka artist pay attention to architecture design appropriate to the level of Civ tech as well.

Dex-chan lover
They couldn't deploy Wyverns because the runway was destroyed? Why would a wyvern need a runway?
They don't have fixed wings like planes, they just flap. Surely the wild ones don't have runways.
In the light novel it's explained the Wyvern Overlords are a type of weird, selectively bred kind of Wyvern that needs to get a running start to fly. You're supposed to think of them as jets with no VTOL capabilities.

Fed-Kun's army
cover3.jpg

Dex-chan lover
First of all... what in the holy fuck is with CRATERS IN WOOD SURFACES?! Not only that, but it has CRATERS right next to blown apart wood. Why... why did the mangaka do that?
J4m0eK7.jpg
I do get what you are saying. I'm betting the runway is built on uneven terrain due to the inconsistencies. After rechecking the other pages, the runway is built on the side of cliff so inconsistencies on the effect of damage is going to happen anyway. As for the craters thou, it's more likely the mangaka lack a bit of research in the explosive area. But at least it's not Hollywood bombs where they actually add a few gallons of gas in the explosives to make a fire ball of death and destruction.

At least the explosives aren't similar to RPG-2 rounds where strapping a bunch of wood sheets on an APC renders it worthless. No seriously, they did this to our APCs in my country. Here's proof:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What are the chances that those prop planes are for paratroopers?

Love the story but yeesh... the art is hideous. Like something from the 80s or early 90s.
And what’s wrong with that? The original Gundam was from the 80s as well. Manabe Jouji and Masamune Shirow are also god-tier artists. And last i checked, ppl don’t complain about Sailor Moon, Pokemon, One Piece, or Kochikame.

Secondly, I was curious as to find the range to their country from Japan and thankfully the F-2s are a good example of that. With their exact loadout and no bags (I had to jettison the tanks in CMANO) you're looking at a ~374nm range. Meaning full range. So you'd have to have the target at 187nm at the absolute maximum.

Now, yes, Japan DOES have aerial tankers... but not very fucking many. And it wouldn't make sense to not have externals on the aircraft in that case.

That would make for the alternate theory being these F-2s took from really, really, REALLY close to the target country. Which... I doubt is the case.
They got an airbase after liberating Altaras, from chapter 38, just south of Palpadia. So it's not that far away.

Dex-chan lover
I do get what you are saying. I'm betting the runway is built on uneven terrain due to the inconsistencies. As for the craters thou, it's more likely the mangaka lack a bit of research in the explosive area. But at least it's not Hollywood bombs where they actually add a few gallons of gas in the explosives to make a fire ball of death and destruction.

At least the explosives aren't similar to RPG-2 rounds where strapping a bunch of wood sheets on an APC renders it worthless. No seriously, they did this to our APCs in my country. Here's proof:
Hey, spaced armor works against HEAT munitions, especially something as old as an RPG-2 rocket. And wood is cheaper than steel, especially if you want to have the budget for free wifi lol

Users who are viewing this thread