Nihonkoku Shoukan - Ch. 42 - The Imperial Army Military Base

I am confused about the take off strip for the wyvern. Do the even need one when? I mean, can't they just flap their wing to lift up? Or they're too heavy for that? If so, they need big wind to even fly which limit their operational area. I guess the author just replace bi-plane with wyvern when drawing the scene for reference.

Screenshot-37.png

Is she for real? After what she had said and done she had the galls to ask this question...
I know she is shocked, but still...
oh she think they will do horrible things with her... She doesn't know they will make it worse, they will drag her to a court house, to deal with lawyer and laws. She is fucked.

Dex-chan lover
I dunno, looking at some of the locations of the craters it definitely looks like where the area on stilts is in some locations.
Yellow are areas where there would be soil underneath, brown is just the wood structure. The areas match where there's only splintered wood and where there are craters. I'd be more concerned that the 3 story building on the right side of the runway sits exactly opposite the building on the left in the post bombing image, yet on the earlier image they sit slightly offset from each other.

RqhS7cA.jpeg

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
them taking off near them makes sense as their magic radar can't pick up anything Japanese in the first place cause it has 0 magic

they also blow up the enemy navy like a few chapters ago so they can really just be near the coast without anybody seeing them as long as they use the curvature as cover (so like 5km minimum)
Actually, it's more of a 'sensor' than an actual 'radar'. The ones by Parpaldia can only sense beings and objects with huge magic signature like Wyverns. The ones used by the Holy Milishial Empire are more sensitive and can detect signatures from humans as well. The real magic radar (magic-powered radar that can detect non-magical objects) has yet to be seen in the manga, but it's already featured in the LN and WN versions.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yellow are areas where there would be soil underneath, brown is just the wood structure. The areas match where there's only splintered wood and where there are craters. I'd be more concerned that the 3 story building on the right side of the runway sits exactly opposite the building on the left in the post bombing image, yet on the earlier image they sit slightly offset from each other.

RqhS7cA.jpeg

But if you look at the area behind/past the building on the left side of the runway (from our perspective) you can see that there's quite some space of stilts underneath it (I'd say a story/story and-a-half of height compared to the surrounding buildings). And if you look in the bombing panel, you see craters where at the edge of the runway there are stilts showing it's lifted off of the slope side. Meaning that this is only a few feet away from the edge where we see stilts, but it's making craters like there's ground directly under it.

The questionable perspective and angle doesn't help, but given how the craters are in this area that has silts on the left-handed showing and in the middle area of the runway the fact it apparently had soil right beneath it seems questionable. The only way that could be explained is if there is just a sheer cliff, almost completely vertical, drop in the hillside slope face. Which doesn't seem likely due to us seeing the angle of the slop at the front of the hill in the first panel and stilt risers directly to the edge of the platform. And the area where this is happening and where the craters are is in yellow.

Dex-chan lover
I was bored one day, and decide to run a Civ5 game with japan as my civ. And then activate some trainers to emulate this manga. BC timeline have not ended yet, and I was nearing Science and World Leader victory. And have like 6 or 7 GDRs waiting at my borders while my neighbors still use pregunpowder units.

First of all... what in the holy fuck is with CRATERS IN WOOD SURFACES?! Not only that, but it has CRATERS right next to blown apart wood. Why... why did the mangaka do that?

Secondly, I was curious as to find the range to their country from Japan and thankfully the F-2s are a good example of that. With their exact loadout and no bags (I had to jettison the tanks in CMANO) you're looking at a ~374nm range. Meaning full range. So you'd have to have the target at 187nm at the absolute maximum.

Now, yes, Japan DOES have aerial tankers... but not very fucking many. And it wouldn't make sense to not have externals on the aircraft in that case.

That would make for the alternate theory being these F-2s took from really, really, REALLY close to the target country. Which... I doubt is the case.

And, oh, this is the absolute best-case scenario. You'd probably take more than 90 seconds to take off and get up to 12,000. And you'd probably use a shitload more fuel than what this represents, so much less than 187nm combat radius.

J4m0eK7.jpg
Wat, don't jalan have Aircraft Carriers or is it not possible to launch and arerial attack with F-2s? Correct me if i'm wrong but, Wasn't it shown in the previous chapter that Japan attacked Parpaldia's navy using Carriers?

Double-page supporter
I can't imagine this interpretation of the Japanese military firebombing a city full of civilians, but if this had been WW2 Japan this whole country would be on the edge of being isekai'd.
Yeah, Japan did their own fair share of fucked up things in WW2. Now the're playing nice with all this JSDF thingy and self defence policy but man, back they had fucking Unit 731. Mengele wasn't the only one. So right now firebombing a city full of civilians isn't out of question if you ask me.

Dex-chan lover
Wat, don't jalan have Aircraft Carriers or is it not possible to launch and arerial attack with F-2s? Correct me if i'm wrong but, Wasn't it shown in the previous chapter that Japan attacked Parpaldia's navy using Carriers?

Japan doesn't have any carriers capable of operating any fixed-wing aircraft. They are not CATOBAR. They have no VTOL fixed-wing aircraft like the Harrier or F-35B. Nothing other than helicopters can operate off of them.

And there's no way you're getting an F-2 to operate from a carrier, even if they had one capable of handling fixed-wing aircraft.

Dex-chan lover
I . . . really dont think they should be doing that tho, im pretty sure indiscriminate bombing is a war crime.
Well, probably not like japan cares too much about adding another one of those to their repertoire anyways, but still.

I . . . really dont think they should be doing that tho, im pretty sure indiscriminate bombing is a war crime.
Well, probably not like japan cares too much about adding another one of those to their repertoire anyways, but still.
it's only a war crime if you lose...

Double-page supporter
The US base on Japan along with it's carrier group got transported too. I bet the group had a few nuke subs with it just in case that world's China/Russia/North Korea tried something.
It's something of a plot hole but the US base doesn't seem to exist / isn't mentioned in the web novel. So I guess they just didn't come along. (somewhere in the original world, a lonely US military base has suddenly become an island? lol)

You can give Summoning America a read for a take on how that would go.
Summoning America also has a hilariously cynical view of US politics and motivations. It's great.
Eg. unlike Japan here who really want that alliance with Qua-Toyne, the US in Summoning America is like "OIL!" and is probably closer to Kuira.

First of all... what in the holy fuck is with CRATERS IN WOOD SURFACES?! Not only that, but it has CRATERS right next to blown apart wood. Why... why did the mangaka do that?

Secondly, I was curious as to find the range to their country from Japan and thankfully the F-2s are a good example of that. With their exact loadout and no bags (I had to jettison the tanks in CMANO) you're looking at a ~374nm range. Meaning full range. So you'd have to have the target at 187nm at the absolute maximum.

Now, yes, Japan DOES have aerial tankers... but not very fucking many. And it wouldn't make sense to not have externals on the aircraft in that case.

That would make for the alternate theory being these F-2s took from really, really, REALLY close to the target country. Which... I doubt is the case.

And, oh, this is the absolute best-case scenario. You'd probably take more than 90 seconds to take off and get up to 12,000. And you'd probably use a shitload more fuel than what this represents, so much less than 187nm combat radius.

J4m0eK7.jpg
ok lil bro i might be wrong cuz i dont know exact numbers but wasnt some previous chapters all about japan building airport as base operation near that napolian country to lunch an atk at it cuz it was too far the fighter jets probably took off from aircraft carrier (japan have 2 rn) and troops carrier planes took off from that new airport, ohh ye if notice on page 14 those craters were on solid land that airport was half on land-half wooden on air.
u need to read carefully cuz this manga is really detailed and flawless hance the reason many ppl are enjoying it

Dex-chan lover
ok lil bro i might be wrong cuz i dont know exact numbers but wasnt some previous chapters all about japan building airport as base operation near that napolian country to lunch an atk at it cuz it was too far the fighter jets probably took off from aircraft carrier (japan have 2 rn) and troops carrier planes took off from that new airport, ohh ye if notice on page 14 those craters were on solid land that airport was half on land-half wooden on air.
u need to read carefully cuz this manga is really detailed and flawless hance the reason many ppl are enjoying it

...This is like the 3rd or 4th time I've had to say this, and I'm really getting tired of repeating it - especially when the last time was only a few posts before this, but Japan has no aircraft carriers. They have helicopter carriers. Fixed wing aircraft can not operate off of them. Literally none of the fixed wing aircraft, which is all the aircraft you're seeing, can operate off of carriers, let alone Japanese carriers.

And I already addressed the craters because if you look you'll see craters where there are visible stilts being used. There's craters where there's parts of the deck are on stilts. Meaning that the ground is not going to be directly under the deck.

And as for this base: do you know how close that is? Because I don't. Manga doesn't say it, either. So how do you know?

And for someone telling me to read carefully, you and like about a half dozen other people that had to be corrected forgot that those are NOT troop transports and they are BOMBERS and a previous chapter takes several pages explaining this.

So you can stop with the "u need to read carefully" nonsense.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's something of a plot hole but the US base doesn't seem to exist / isn't mentioned in the web novel. So I guess they just didn't come along. (somewhere in the original world, a lonely US military base has suddenly become an island? lol)

No, author admitted that the USFJ and 7th Fleet came with Japan. The author just didn't want them in the story and wanted a Japanese-only focus and says that they stay permanently in Japan, which... makes no sense.

He said they help with technical issues and planning and that's basically it.

Users who are viewing this thread