Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Contact

Group Leader
Well, the art looks good (I even like the 80's/90's manga style), the story could get interesting, even though it's kinda similar to "Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite"... and I'm afraid this will turn out like the constant Japanese auto-fellation that we seems to get nowadays.
Look how great our culture is, don't mind the racism...
Look how fine OUR medical and military technologies are, even though most of it comes from Europe and the US.
Look how strong our military might is, even though we haven't been in a conflict since 1945, when we lost for good.

And who the fuck sends an aircraft carrier to open negotiations in a world where you don't have a secure way to get oil...
The only industry where Japan is self-sufficient is the agriculture (which is a good thing), so I wonder how they'll maintain their "supremacy" in this new world with no satellite, 30% of their normal energy, no gas or petroleum, no steel, no medicine in like 1 year, ...

Dex-chan lover
@Magaso probably this big ?

planetoid-crashing-into-primordial-earth-799x423.jpg

Contributor
With all that land mass that got sent over... is it possible that truck-kun accidentally isekai'd itself as well?

DUDES! This manga is underrated! SUPPORT IT! This is a wonderful NEW content of Isekai! Much better than that Gate Jietai fanservice story. Now, this is what a story should be - INFORMATIVE!

Dex-chan lover
Small nitpicking based on what I've read so far, the JSDF would probably have sent a F- Phantom II (or any other jet) for reconnaissance rather than some sub sonic four engine plane.

Dex-chan lover
@EOTFOFYL
Small nitpicking based on what I've read so far, the JSDF would probably have sent a F- Phantom II (or any other jet) for reconnaissance rather than some sub sonic four engine plane.

Uh... No. Japan has no dedicated aircraft carriers for fixed wing aircraft (at least officially and operating anyways, they COULD easily do so with the right aircraft and their new helicopter carriers). Meaning anything is going to be taking off from land because you're going to to aerial reconnaissance with fixed-wing not rotary-wing aircraft in this situation.

Now what do you think is more fuel efficient? A fuel-guzzling 3rd generation (okay, maybe generation 3.5 with Japan's Phantoms and them actually receiving upgrades because they kept utilizing them far past other nations having retired them) supersonic fighter with the kinematics of a brick or... a dedicated naval/maritime patrol prop aircraft that can basically be a flying gas tank with sensors and equipment and can feather multiple engines to save on fuel?

...There's a reason why aircraft like the P-3 Orion you see here were used to search for the wreckage of MH 370. When you're doing searches or reconnaissance like that you need range and loiter time. Once Japan was transmitted away and they started running through the various electromagnetic radiation spectrums and seeing that ABSOLUTELY NO ONE was operating anything... You know you're in a situation where air defenses aren't much of a concern. When what should be a blinding light on the spectrum is instead entirely dead and not only that but there's nothing in space, either, yet your own equipment still works... Well, it wouldn't take long for the JSDF to want information and recon over everything else and to not to be concerned about modern air defense networks that somehow aren't polluting the electromagnetic spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread