Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Contact

So it's basically GATE, except instead of it just being a small portal that appeared somewhere the entire country got isekai'd.

I see the author took the Kuril islands away from Russia. I wonder about Okinawa and the Senkaku islands that weren't shown.

Double-page supporter
In GATE, the only way that connects the two worlds is through the Gate in the middle of a busy street in Japan. In this manga, the whole country is whisked away into the other world. Very interesting!

Dex-chan lover
a whole country isekaied ? well not bad, i wonder how long it takes before they take over the world

but also navigation must be a pain without gps

@Ahan1899 there would surely be issues with telecom equipment that uses Japan as a bridge like giant undersea internet cables but overall besides their cultural and technology exports they don't have a ton of irreplaceable influence. It's not like if the US disappeared which would cause a massive power vacuum militarily and cause power conflicts between China, Russia and Europe. Same with Russia or Europe. Japan doesn't have a real military presence and relies alot on us alliance plus US ocean fleet and military bases for support.

I'd be surprised if this tries to even cover what the US bases will do now that they're cutoff from US central command.

@uwingy Dude you'd just have to join the land force and be able to taste real RPG. Otherwise you'd be limited to gaming only with others in Japan, etc.

@Rukja No point in taking over the world unless you plan on settling it with your own people. They already have "won" by having overwhelming military superiority and technology. It's game over from the start. They biggest problem other than loss of imports from our world would be long term low birth rate like in real life. Oh and banking losses as japanese resources and investments aren't all in Japan.

The other thing is Japan buys alot of military assets from US companies like much of the world so their military might be ok for now but theyve lost access to further purchases and maintenance parts imports. They don't really have a large weapons, munitions and military vehicles manufacturing industry in-house.

Double-page supporter
@Opticalwinter Economy-wise, I'm sure our world would be severely impacted if Japan were to disappear like that. Many countries are heavily reliant on Japan's exports after all, especially a huge part of Asia and Southeast Asia. With Japan literally vanished, after the initial panic settles down, those countries would struggle to find new trading partner. This alone can cause trade wars between major countries, sparkling several other conflicts in the process.

Yeah, I still think we'd be screwed if Japan 'vanished'.

Dex-chan lover
@Ahan1899 this not to mention Japan being a strategic partner and military bulwark on the east against China and Russia. With Japan vanishing the power balance within the area would turned upside down with the US having to relocate military assets to either SK (risky with how close it is to NK and China) or somewhere in SEA (e.g. Philippines) and leaving Taiwan vulnerable. It'll definitely cause some uproar in Asia aside from a key trading partner vanishing.

Power Uploader
This is one of the most boring things I've read this entire week and I've read a lot of shit.

Dex-chan lover
This is one of the most boring things I've read this entire week and I've read a lot of shit.
It was recommended by the staff for some reason, I found the comments more interesting with their speculations about the real world consequences of this.

Power Uploader
It was recommended by the staff for some reason, I found the comments more interesting with their speculations about the real world consequences of this.
Lol well said. The best thing about this manga is the comment section. I have had this manga on my PTR list even before staff picks was a thing. I just don't get the general hype behind this manga. It's feel very shallow even for the military-obsessed fans. It's just one big snoozefest where Japan keeps railing the countries on this fantasy world. The idea seems like it could work, but the execution is horrible.

Dex-chan lover
Lol well said. The best thing about this manga is the comment section. I have had this manga on my PTR list even before staff picks was a thing. I just don't get the general hype behind this manga. It's feel very shallow even for the military-obsessed fans. It's just one big snoozefest where Japan keeps railing the countries on this fantasy world. The idea seems like it could work, but the execution is horrible.
Good to know, haha. I'll be looking the 400+ I have left to read, cheers.

The whole country was isekaid? If that were the case, Japan would run out of oil in one month and food in around six.
They are much more reliant on imports than the rest of our world on their exports.

Users who are viewing this thread