Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Support Attack

Double-page supporter
Okay, for 3 chapters, they were blabbering about the non-war agreement, and now: Forbidden weapon is okay. This is just dumb.

Another thing I hate: during chapter 4, we went through the details of rape and torture, but here, death by bombs is showed just as light engulfing the bodies. No blood or anything. And again with showing the japanese as "divine" on the last page.

Dex-chan lover
@YukkuriOniisan The lhscan.net raws? Yea... well... it's not. I looked at these raws before you posted your chapter and the last page, not that face in the sky (which correctly should be the last), but the soldiers dying and the general watching it from atop the hill was in the middle of a chapter (instead of being last page in your upload).

Dex-chan lover
@Owyn

If it had returned and be able to reload, then I might agree.
But the fact that it essentially split itself up to discharge the munitions, which also had parachutes attached to them ?

Page 20 "The power that even can't be achived even by an archmage." just drop the first "even" and the sentence will sound better.

Group Leader
@tonie it looked normal when I first read it in my PC but after opening it from my phone the page is indeed changed... After checking, it was because a pic missed a 0 on its filename so Mangadex confused on its order... Thank you for spotting it.

@LowSanity the first even get had been deleted... thank you for the help.

Dex-chan lover
@Ovnidemon well cluster bombs are only illegal in our world due to the fact our current warfare is mostly in urbanised area where the civilian casualty with cluster bombs is a matter of RNG so they might have put an * in cluster bombs to only be used in fields and not during sieges.

Double-page supporter
@greaninja3 I just wanted to point that they were being annoying about not going to war in chapter 3, 4 and 5 because it was in their laws, but suddenly no problem with ignoring the law to use forbidden weapons.

Group Leader
@ovnidemon their constitution prohibits them. One does not simply ignore a constitution.

Also the CCM is enforced by the UN, since there is no UN in isekai... Well... Also in the novel it's explained due to the isekai situation Japanese government mobilised everything including mothballed equipments.

Double-page supporter
To go to war is not a simple matter. Watching too much comics and animations makes us think it were as if taking a dog to a stroll.

1st War is costly.
Having a standby army is one thing. Sending them to the front generates a different kind of cost to the country. From maintenance to supply, they are all expenses that are very expensive to make. Are you as a citizen would really agree with an increase in tax and a possibility that your family/ relatives/ friends/ lovers in the army will not return? If a country wants to go to war it really needs to have the support of the citizens. Otherwise, it is a no go.

2nd A soldier is a human.
Even if they are a trained soldier. Soldiers' job is to complete the objective of the higher management in order to win the war. These objectives are generally consisted of
_ Removing the commanding head of the enemy
_ Plundering the enemy morale to force them into surrender
_ Capturing strategic locations (capital / command centre / a fortress that have a tactical value)

They will have to kill enemies to complete their objectives but they are not here to massacre. The mentality of a soldier in the war has only 2 priorities
_ Stay alive while
_ Completing the given objectives

They may be killing people left and right but that's to ensure their comrades and their own survival. After having as much as 10 lives worth of blood in their hands, most of them will have to re-stabilise their resolution and mental strength. Humans are not war machines, they can't kill needlessly and definitely can't kill in cold blood except certain special cases but those special cases will definitely not be appointed any high ranks in the military AT ALL. The Higher-up represent the entire army indeed and since the higher-up is also human beings with needs and wants. They ain't ordering massacre to waste
No 1 their ammunition
No 2 their public image
No 3 their attention

3rd An army is strict.
Maintaining a strict rule of legality and morality is essential when they are in a foreign land. These rules and regulations are what build the procedure and outline how a soldier has to act. In this new world, people easily lose their nerve. These rules are especially important because at least the soldiers know what to act and rely on that. The UN is no more but to ensure a high enough morale and protect the mental state of every soldiers, the army won't allow any INVENTION OF NEW RULE OF WAR. Raping /genocide and any other war crimes will definitely not allowed. They are too busy at hands to change how they would act.

4th Every death counts.
You as a chief / a captain is to bring your entire team back home safely. You will be held responsible for every death you cause, allied or enemy but usually we will favour the survival of our men more than our enemies so bringing all the weapons to counter any potential threats are necessary. MLRs are forbidden but for survival, it may be allowed.

5th Lack of info.
Japan just recently transported to this world. Many thing are new to them and underestimate these unknown thing is the worst possible decision, which is why they went with care and commit to use even forbidden weapons. Just so you are clear. The existence of magic in this world is new to Japan and they don't know how potent those are. It's safer to be mindful and prepared.

I want to point out this does makes me of some IRL parallels. The massacre that Japan did is technically against enemy combatants. There were all soldiers and even "deployed" for combat. Yet the power difference is so high, I can easily see it being argued as a war crime even by any official definition it is not. After all, IRL, when the British sank the Belgrano in the Falkland War, that was widely questioned despite it an enemy warship that is within the combat zone. The infamous "Highway of Death" that US unleashed on the Iraqi stirred even more condemnation despite it also all enemy combatants. Given those examples, even if all the weapons were all "legal" and being all soldiers, yeah it's gonna be questionable. Myself, the power difference is so great that I can imagine a few thousand riot police with some tear gas would be able to take them on. Much less military ordinance.

Users who are viewing this thread