Nihonkoku Shoukan - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Taking Other's Danger

@AMetroid
The fact of the matter is that Japan gave the Empire PLENTY of opportunities to see how powerful Japan really was. Not their fault that the Empire didn't take the hint. They even offered to take their ambassadors to Japan, and in their arrogance, they turned Japan down.
In the next battle, the Empire should have gotten the hint, but they didn't.
The Gra Valkas Empire doesn't get it either, despite being shown a laptop computer.
So the fault still really falls on the Parpaldia Empire. It's no different than in GATE, when the EMPIRE arrogantly declared Japan as annexed, only to find out too late that they stepped on the Griffin's tail.

Dex-chan lover
Japan always seemed to be a pacifist nation, but even if they tried to negotiate in these situations with Palpadia having every intention to use hostile force, it’s near impossible, especially when they shot those wyverns down as a form of self defence. (Though Japan’s previous show of force might make them a little more hesitant on how to approach them.)

But i still enjoy it, looking forward to more updates.

Dex-chan lover
@IronMace1990
I've forgotten the name and don't feel like looking it up. I assume that's the name of the civ that created the daemons and disappeared a thousand years ago. I think Japan has heard that story. With their return said to coincide with an eclipse event you'd think someone would calculate when that is to happen. The only tech that their alluded to have is nuclear, and gene manipulation is explicitly shown with the existences of demons.

@Animeaddiction
It's not about giving them opportunities, it's about making them want to take advantage of those opportunities. The Palpardian Empire has no reason to believe that Japan isn't as inferior as any of the other small nations in the 3rd civ area. In fact the location of Japan that they give them places them in the Barbarian (Medieval) level of tech. If they rolled up one of their destroyers to a major city and said that one of Japan's ships could sink 20 of theirs and we'd like to open diplomatic relations, then you'd have a much stronger argument blaming the Palpardian Empire for not understanding Japan's superiority.
In the next battle they think
that the country with the wind dragons interfered if I remember.
And that's much more likely than a whole country with a population equal to 1/4 of the world's current population just appeared from another world and has technology that exceeds every other nation in the world. If a delegation showed up to the Whitehouse and said they were from an underground nation that was transported from another world to beneath the Rockies, do you think anyone would believe them? It would be up to the members of the underground nation to make the people believe them.

By the time the Gra Valkas Empire sees the laptop and projector they already determined that Japan was inferior and the momentum to take over the world was too strong.

I mean Japan really goes out of it's way to NOT project military strength. So why would anyone assume they have military power beyond anything they know to exist? Going back to the underground nation, imagine some mining company drilling down and killing some of them. They then retaliate with psychic and telekinetic powers that render all of our weapons and defenses moot. But local leadership thinks it's just some crazy survivalists, because they've been an issue in the area before, and sends in the national guard. Now things are elevated to where they declare war. There's no point where you would have thought "they should have known".

Group Leader
@AMetroid
"If they rolled up one of their destroyers to a major city and said that one of Japan's ships could sink 20 of theirs and we'd like to open diplomatic relations, then you'd have a much stronger argument blaming the Palpardian Empire for not understanding Japan's superiority."
So you're saying that Japan's single destroyer, moving faster than their ships and breaking the masts of 11 ships from over 3.5 km with single shots isn't enough proof of their superiority? That's basically saying to Parpaldia, "I could have easily sunk you all, and I STILL COULD."
After they received the report of the battle, the 3rd foreign affairs department TRIED to get more information, but then the 1st department took over, ignored all reports, didn't even ATTEMPT to find out about Japan, and tried their usual intimidation tactics which pretty much signed the Parpaldia Empire's death warrant.
So yeah, it WAS Parpaldia's fault.

Dex-chan lover
@AnimeaddictionIV
My point was that prior to the opening of hostilities Japan didn't do anything to establish that they broke the power/tech status quo. And the reports they did receive were beyond belief and so were buried/discarded at various levels within the bureaucracy due to them not having a system to deal with an advance nation appearing from another world. After the opening of hostilities...

After the opening of hostilities various issues prevented the decision makers from receiving good intel upon which to base their decisions. Bureaucratic issues combined with information that defied their common sense resulted in the situation developing faster than their ability to gather actionable information on Japan. And that is the key as to why they were unable to salvage the situation. The person who received the report of the ships being disabled first thought was that he needed better information, as the report was beyond belief.
Of course once the 1st Division took over and made an example of with the tourists, there was no saving the situation.
I hardly think that saying they should have figured out that they were dealing with an advance nation from another world within that limited time frame is reasonable.

Going back to my subterranean dwellers, if a report was made that peoples heads just started exploding after law enforcement showed up to the dig site do you think that the first thought would be "We're being attacked by psychic warriors who we can't harm and should sue for peace immediately"? No it would just be that some group just killed off the police force, we need to send in the National Guard.

@razxiko
They're more like the French. The British had greater parliamentary control. The Empire is more king/monarch based like France was.

Dex-chan lover
@thedestroyership

[The Ravernal Empire is that near-peer adversary, but they have different approach. First, RavE is magic-based technology while Japan is science-based technology. Another is RavE's weapons are weapons of terror, Japan's weapons are weapons of war/spoiler]. One is despite having huge technological advantage, they (RavE) still sustain heavy casualties in their battles while the other (Japan) is transported to the New World having the lessons of its rich and bloody history as its weapon against its enemies in the New World.

Dex-chan lover
@thedestroyership
yes it get's really interesting on future arcs where we meeting the more technologically advanced nations and get to see their arsenal. Where it becomes science based tech and magitech based tech and how they have their equivalents with the Ravernal Empire being touted as the most advanced one (Bioweapons, Magic version of Nukes, Anti-Gravity etc...). As well as technological exports from Japan in the future once they slowly leased to allied nations (basically non wartime tech or outdated tech).

I like that panic from the diplomat from that self-defense action by the coast guard, that's definitely something you'd expect from a diplomat after seeing something like that that could probably start a war. Trying to avoid a diplomatic disaster is one of their job as diplomacy is a war of words. Sword King is pretty clever though onto baiting the palpadia empire into a war with Japan, since he had news of Japan's prowess during the last war on Louria and how allies of Japan became prosperous.

Thanks for the chapters, can't wait for the up coming ones knowing what will happen.

Dex-chan lover
In my opinion, i dont like the attitude of those new civilization guys who has the superiors weapon in this world, and i dont like the attitude of Japan when handling those barbarian guys.

Also, i can understand the point of view of Japan not to engage to anyone, because they hadnt understood well the people and technology of this world, and how they are organizing themselves.
Also, the food problem, and energy problem like uranium pellets has yet to be solve, and the computer components, they need a factory for that.
Poor Japan of this world, the end of RTX 3090, most likely, all their computers will turn to ubuntu since they had the full source code repo on it...

Fed-Kun's army
*A bat flies in the corner of the screen*
"This chapter's naval battle was over in 57 seconds-chu!"

Users who are viewing this thread