Nikubami Honegishimi - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Ancestral Ring of Evil-sloughing

Double-page supporter
Oh man, Inubosaki just standing there all "welp, darn, the trail cut off!" completely unaware of the monster less than a breath from her face was scarier than the actual horror bits. Just knowing how helpless she'd really be in a situation. It's less a question of what finally got her, since it could be anything, and she'd never know she was even at risk....

Dex-chan lover
Feeling like I'm missing something with this one's ending. The final panel's showing what looks like one of the boxes containing relics from the dig site with the sketchy black hair hanging out of it, but it's labeled with the date 1991.2.4, which is 8 years before the 1999 setting that the first chapter established as the time period that the Inubousaki and Asama team-up started. It can't really be a prequel to the other chapters, so is the implication that Toyokusa fabricated the date on the boxes containing the relics to cover up their connection to the series of deaths at the excavation in 1999?

I feel like I'm probably missing something obvious and overthinking it. Kinda want an Arrowhead-kun plushie now, though.

Double-page supporter
Could some one be kind enough to explain what the curse is :question: :question:

Dex-chan lover
Just found and started reading this manga today. It's been amazing so far! The art is especially unique and perfect for a horror manga. Really love the twist at the end of chapter 1 and the back-and-forth between the past and present, too. Thanks for the translations!!

Dex-chan lover
Could some one be kind enough to explain what the curse is :question: :question:
My understanding:

The people from the past collected their hair (slough). Then they worshipped it, causing it to be possessed (not really sure) by something. This caused their demise (the mummies found). The ritual site was erected to perhaps contain the thing there. Excavation released that thing and those who touch the soil containing the hairs are targeted by the thing.

Users who are viewing this thread