Nimotsu Mochi no Nousuji Musou - Ch. 10.2

Dex-chan lover
Makin a well educated guess.
He becomes dishonored
Gets hired by shady magicians promising them power if they eat this totally not demon/cursed potion.

He turns into a monster
Hero kills him

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I was also looking forward to more comic relief episodes, which would be kind of refreshing, compared to all the stories where the banishing leader goes on a crusade against the MC, even if it takes allying himself with the demons.
On the other hand it's also kind of unique of him to go completely nuts and see enemies in virtually anyone, and not just the MC.
True it's like he transitioned from being daft to dark like a meme he is :LOL:

Dex-chan lover
I like the MC's skill set and big lady knight but if they keep dragging out this poorly written former party's downfall B-side plot I'm not sure it's worth keeping up with

Dex-chan lover
.... not a fan on multiple levels. Asshole can't even fight a newbie mob yet can easily thrust thrue another human with relative ease? What an utter garbage plot device. If douche nozzle has the ability to do that much damage to another adventurer, he should have had no issue fighting a fucking horned rabbit even a child could kill with effort.

Look I could honestly give a shit less for this murder hobo with a Hero complex, but this whole "self-destructing antagonist" plot device is quickly reaching the top of my list of reasons I drop novels. It's right up there is rapey mind control, and the ultra dense harem protagonist that cannot understand the female leads intent even if she whipped out her boob and slapped him upside the head with it.
Accuracy (on-target) is what matters here, not "power". He couldn't kill the rabbit because it was defending itself and he has poor abilities due to all the coasting he's been doing with no attempt at actually improving himself, while he was previously only being carried by his buffed swiftness and on-target stats, among others. At the end of the day it's still a sharp steel sword vs the unprotected fleshy gut of a human being who presumably has no defensive skills and who is not on guard at all, and you can hit a sitting duck with an effective critical hit at melee range no matter how much of a shitter you are while the sword and your own body weight behind it will do the rest. Mages are not exactly known for their defensive stat and given she's walking near the rabbits for newbie adventurers part of the forest I doubt she's got any defence to speak of at all anyway.

That's basically the answer but I'm not expecting you to learn, understand or accept any of that. I'm sure I'm wasting my breath here.

Dex-chan lover
What the hell....I mean What the fuck....i mean this guy has to die.

Dex-chan lover
rabbits had their guard up healer girl didn't, that's the difference
I'm all for fantasy taking priority over logic in a fantasy setting, but there are limits.

If the antagonist can cause this much damage to an adventuring healer, no matter how unsuspecting, he should have absolutely destroyed a low level animal who didn't even bother to dodge.

The horned rabbit blocked the equivalent of a charging over head strike from the antagonist with its horn and stopped it dead. Despite out massing the rabbit by by a large ammount, he didn't push it back, nor did it's neck or body flex at any time as it took the blow. It just stood there rock solid as if it didn't get perry an attack ment to end its life.

Dex-chan lover
I do in fact feel a bit weirded out by the power scaling, if only the four of them were able to move and they're charging head on during the Wyvern raid, how tf are they not dead by now if they're this weak, unless I'm suppose to believe the rabbits have roughly the same power level. Or the guards have very good healing magic... That could be the case.

Also the author did way too much to dramatize the weakness of Leon. I can get behind the fact that he can't kill the rabbit, but could he, like, with a full force from top down with his weight and high level gear (cus they S Rank and rich no?) could at least get thru half the horn? Then using the special skill summoning god damn Thor he should not sweat that much even if his level is around a normal farmer human being (most definitely higher because he is still an adventurer before meeting Ruck)

Dex-chan lover
She's a healer, but I don't think she can heal herself in that conditions, would be hard unless any of them have strong potions

Users who are viewing this thread