Nina Is Plotting My Death! - Ch. 1

man ngl i liked the russian shtick they had in the pre serialization. the female agent was nice too it felt like a family thing but now w nina aged up i can feel this heading to the same route as those adopted father/daughter mangas where they end up getting married in the end : ////

Dex-chan lover
different artist huh? why? the author artwork worked better for it.

Dex-chan lover
Didn't know this got serialized nor did I expect the author to get an artist to help out. I wonder if the following chapters will be her as a child again since the pre-serialized version they jumped back after showing her as a teenager. Thanks for the pickup & the translations.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Ah. How i've missed this. May the girl assassinate us all with fluff.

i like that its serialized but if imma be honest, i liked the pre serialization art better, something about it was endearing

Fed-Kun's army
Uhhhh, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the publication aging him down a bit and aging her up a bit (at least the art style makes it look that way), especially with her not wanting to call him her dad and the line "you're 10 years too young to be my father" at the end. Sure, it's generally an idiomatic phrase, but I'm getting some slight romance vibes as well and I'm not entirely sure that's a good change from the pre-serialization. Idk, might be reading too much into it

Group Leader
@theroadstopshere that scene was in pre-serial as well it ages back to little girl and stays that way in chapter 2, so i think this will be a more slice of life parents style but with of course her being an assassin. But the artist\author could pull a 180 or mix it up its in the air rn

Dex-chan lover
I just read through the pre serialization after loving this. Honestly, I’d prefer if the author chose to continue with the time skip here and stay in the future. More of a romcom and different side of the story would be nice. The pre serialization was cute and good too, but its not like I can’t just read that. I understand it’ll stick to the same story, but one can hope.

Supporter
I did check for the romance tag like you always should when reading a father daughter manga
But fuck even if their is no roman e tag the last panel did creep me out for the rest of the serie

Fed-Kun's army
@Lorexen Oh yeah, I didn't mean the just the last segment, that seems to be pretty much the same as a scene from the pre-serialization-- the art style in general and character designs have changed, which makes him look younger and her a few years older right off the bat, at least to my eyes. She's more slender and with somewhat less childish body proportions, and he looks quite a few years younger. They did make her design as a teenager much more sexualized than before as well, I feel like, which is part of why of why I'm a bit leery of where the editors may be trying to steer the author. But you're totally right, right now it's still totally up in the air.

Thanks for your work doing PR, QC, translation, and posting it, btw, your work is very much appreciated! Whatever concerns I might have for a manga, I'm always grateful for the work that a team did to make it possible for my Japanese-illiterate ass to read.

Dex-chan lover
Woah this actually got serialized. Unfortunately, I think I much prefer the pre-serialized version's art style.

@theroadstopshere We're probably just being paranoid, but I do get more Usagi Drop vibes from this compared to the pre-serialization. Their new designs certainly don't help in that regard.

Group Leader
@theroadstopshere I feel that, tbh im hoping myself this wont be adoptive dad marries daughter, but judging from how many japanese literature has that troupe well see, but currently Im praying/betting itll be a growing up series with shenanigans. I def like his original designed more kinda looked like Mitch Hedberg which i appreciated alot for some reason. But we are all in the dark the source material doesnt have tags currently so we could be in the dark for a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread