Ningen Card - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
I don't get how this works. How exactly does the card determine weakness?
They're doing twists too; the first wasn't about him being guilty killing the girls, it was about enjoying watching someone else die(his sister/the three girls) and this one isn't about doing prostitution to help his ailing mother, its about him enjoying it. Is weakness here more of a guilty pleasure or deep, dark desires?

Dex-chan lover
I think it is about losing your composure when your secret is revealed. It doesn't matter whether or not other people would consider the secret something significant, it matter that it is important to you.
For this guy, maybe he considered that being forced to prostitute himself in order to protect his mother was an acceptable shame so to speak. The act that he was actually enjoying it, meaning that he is was not straight, was something that he was hiding even from himself.

Group Leader
Translator here.

I think the "weakness" is something akin to the fear tell in Part 4 of JoJo (knowers know). But, basically, it just has to be what one fears the most, something that can be used against them with maximum leverage. For example, in the first chapter MC mentions that one's weakness is also swayed by their values. So, the dude in chapter one didn't consider it important if someone knew he was guilty, but when that dude started pressing him and got closer to the truth than anyone ever had, it may be the most vulnerable he'd ever been, making him susceptible to the card.

Just a guess, though, I'm very busy so I haven't had much time to read ahead so I don't know if there's a better explanation. But basically, as far as I can tell, by telling someone something about them that they would do anything to not have used against them, you make them vulnerable to the card.

Users who are viewing this thread