Ningyohime no Gomen ne Gohan - Vol. 5 Ch. 28

Oh god that plot twist.
That build up with the king only to realise that Era is 100% mermaid and that THIS was all her.

No "human" excuse, just sheer gluttony.

Double-page supporter
I've never been trolled like this before, like i was surely happy that era might be the child of the human and then when the twist comes my heart get GUB GUB :(

Damn you author for playing us like a damn fiddle :(

Reader: We’ve got this, Era was actually a half-human all along!

Author: Nah, she’s just fucking crazy

I don't know whether I'm being stubborn or not, but I suspect the king's lying.

After all
fish don't give live birth.

Everyone is talking about Era not being half human completely glossing over the fact Teacher has a son named Guts who is most likely the King's illegitimate child.

Dex-chan lover
But anyway, even if humans can't give birth to mermaids, the important question remains: can mermaids give birth to humans?

@DarkOblivion21 Nah, just like the king liked the name Era so much he used it anyway, she liked the name Guts enough to use it anyway. (Unless future plot twist when mangaka gets bored ;)

@KotR Huh? Check out Seahorses and Hammerhead sharks, among other live-birthing fish.

Fed-Kun's army
I've been trolled so hard I'm not even mad. That was hilarious.

But given this author, with their near-parodic rehashes of stock plots and their chapter opener pages ripping off old album covers, and all the other stuff they pull... I'm still completely uncertain about where the hell we'll go from this, or whether there's actually going to be a second level of trolling where it turns out that the king was lying his face off in response to Sango's denial that she's actually in love with a human - but might have told her the true end of the story if she'd just been straight with him. (I find it rather unlikely that if the king's being honest about falling in love with a mermaid, he'd still name his daughter what his ex suggested they name theirs. Sure, he's a selfish asshole, but that'd be a massive dick move even for him.)

Either way, the situation's still highly lulzy with the potential for all kinds of plot complications of the best sort. Hopefully Sango takes the king's story as an impetus to go further with her own uh, brand of diplomacy between the sea and the land.

I thought only fish that were baited here...
But the ones that truly got baited, were us. Well played.

Users who are viewing this thread