Ningyohime no Gomen ne Gohan - Vol. 6 Ch. 36

God, all the confession and acceptance of the human/merman couple was so sweet, but i was left with a bitter taste by seeing that Era is too far gone.

Dex-chan lover
oh snap didn't realize the series ended! Well at least the two best characters got their happy ending.

All that's left are Era's nightmares.

@triforce LOL indeed, and said weeb can only watch their pure, vanilla-loving, innocent friends from a distance and wish for their happiness, whilst diving deeper and deeper into darkness themselves

Dex-chan lover
My two moods after reading this chapter:
"Awww, How sweet! Sango gets a happy ending. That made me feel good" & "oh fuck..."

Dex-chan lover
Good for you Sango, also I hope Era can share the burden she feels with others(maybe Ryo?).
@Candymon
1. She recovers her sanity
The chances are very slim, Era is currently on the verge of a mental break. She's been hallucinating since eating her crush.
she feels guilty eating her friend, but she can't stop it
Screenshot-25.png

Screenshot-28.png
2. She vows to stop eating her friends but kills her emotions in order to survive/rule over her kingdom
This is the worst possible ending. Maybe in the short-run, she able to refrain from eating fish but in long-run I don't think so. Especially after she became queen and acquire more power. It will be farm fish like Yakusoku no Neverland.
Enjoying food with her friend as the main dish
Screenshot-24.png

rank his friends according to the taste
Screenshot-23.png
3. She runs swims away far from anyone she knows, alone but never hungry
Not a bad ending tho, on chap. 2 she mentions to her crush(Tuna) if he's hungry at least he shouldn't eat a friend. Tuna then mentions that "This is Fish-Eat-Fish world" so it's normal if fish want to eat another fish.
4. The Silence of the Fishes/Atlantisian Genocide
Wow, dark route ending now huh. Though, I wouldn't surprise if the author chooses this ending because of the unpredictable outcome of every chapter.
5. She becomes a human
She can't become fully human, but she can live on the surface with a human. Well, as long she doesn't eat fish
She never intends to suicide before so I don't think this would happen.

Right now she needed someone to ease the burden she felt from eating her friend. I really hope Ryo take an action.

Aggregator gang
Well a banishment from her country is probably the most better salvation for her. It would be hard to see your own citizen as food everyday lol

@devilpyro
At this point this would be a blessing for her.

@feratul
She might not be able to turn human, but she sure as hell could live as one instead (her own father lived a land for a while in the past). All in all she is alienated from her fish brethren, unable to see them as people anymore, but she can see humans as people, so in a sense while her body is that of a mermaid, her psyche is closer to that of a human.

Dex-chan lover
If author splits up this newly engaged couple, I'll probably die.

Dex-chan lover
>i complain that i only read this manga for sango
>next chapter is sango based
>sango gets fucking engaged

i didn't know i had this kind of power

Dex-chan lover
@feratul Here are my thoughts from least likely to most, though I am going back and forth on my top three most likely/thinking about some combination of them:
I agree, suicide seems the most unlikely. Nor do I see her getting hooked by a fisherman and getting eaten. The only possibility I can see for this route is that there's some sort of underwater conflict in the final volume and she dies from an injury.
1. She recovers her sanity
Also agree, the chances do seem very slim. While a part of me holds out some hope that she gets a good ending, she is probably past the point of no return. And if she does recover, it would seem like a bit of a cop out.
2. She vows to stop eating her friends but kills her emotions in order to survive/rule over her kingdom
"Worst possible ending" sounds about right. Would be very sad. And she seems unable to rein in her impulses, so unlikely but still possible.
3. She runs swims away far from anyone she knows, alone but never hungry
Whether it's a self-exile or if the kingdom catches her and exiles her (though jail would be more likely?), it would also be a sad ending. Wouldn't get to see her friends ever again, but at least she's not eating them. Or maybe marries into another kingdom, where eating seafood is acceptable...
4. The Silence of the Fishes/Atlantisian Genocide
Wow, dark route ending now huh. Though, I wouldn't surprise if the author chooses this ending because of the unpredictable outcome of every chapter.
Somewhat logical route, would be a nice horror "twist" ending given that she still retains her "humermanity" for now and story makes it seem like there's still some hope. "Silence" ending would mean she actively either hunts and/or cooks her friends. "Genocide" ending is if she's driven to madness. Possibly even conquering other kingdoms for more food. On a related note, what if there's some dark royalty history of eating fishes / enemies? 🤨
5. She becomes a human
Yeah, that's what I meant, that she can live on the surface like a human if need be. She might still eat fish though (overlap with self-exile route), or she could give up seafood (as penance). But would her family force her to come back to rule the kingdom?

I think she will keep eating seafood regardless, it's just a matter of can she get away with it and how she handles her guilt.

Users who are viewing this thread