Nintendo Direct 9.4.2019

I watch the Nintendo direct yesterday and I felt it was an okay direct, but with a couple of games I am looking forward to. Here are the games that got my attention the most.

TRIALS OF MANA REMAKE
I have not played the original Trials of Mana or any game in the Mana series, but I am interested in giving them a try. I might start with playing the first two games before giving the remake a try. Also given that the game would allow you to choose which character would play as the protagonist, I am starting with the Amazon named Lisa since I typically like seeing a female as the protagonist in a fantasy story/RPG, and given from what little I read of her (I did not want to spoil myself, and the official website for the remake does not offer any information on her nor any of the six characters of the game). Plus I like her sexy, but beautiful design.

LITTLE TOWN HERO
It’s nice to see an original game from Game Freak, so I will give this a try when I can get around to it. I am a bit amaze that much of the music for this game was composed by a person from the United States as appose to Japan, although they are also having a non-Japanese residence assist with character designs for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. It’s nice to see a Japanese company being open to having residence outside of Japan create their games, and from what little I heard of the music it’s sounding nice so far. I am curious as to the mystery in the story which is the residence ageing among themselves to never leave the town (which by the way I thought “Never Leave Town” was the name of the setting), but why?

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: LINK’S AWAKENING
When I first saw the reveal of this game a while back, I did not like the character designs they were going for, but I got use to the designs overtime, and I think it gives the game this friendly vibe to it. My sister seems to have pre-oder the game, but is willing to share her copy with me so that is nice. I never played the original Link’s Awakening and sadly I was spoil of the ending a long time ago, however I am still going to enjoy the game’s story when I get around to it.

DRAGON QUEST XI: ECHOES OF AN ELUSIVE AGE S DEFINITIVE EDITION
I played and finish the demo of this fame and I loved from what I have experience. This game appears to have a very high production value and it seems that the developers have thought of just about everything that would be of a convenience for players such as giving a synopsis each time one starts the game just in case they have not played a while to seeing the monsters interact with each other which makes the world feel more natural. There are a lot of good things I can say about Dragon Quest 11, but that’s for another topic (besides I want to keep each thought short as I can). I am definitely going to see if I can pick this game up as soon as I can.

TOKYO MIRAGE SESSION FE ENCORE
Me and my sister were squealing (I guess) the moment we saw that the original Tokyo Mirage Session FE was getting ported to the Switch. This has been one of the Wii U games I have wanted to get ported on the Switch, and it’s finally happening. Me and my sister enjoy playing the original although we never the game, but this time we are and I liked that they are even additional content and such. I wonder for the Encore we will be getting the bath scene that was taken out of the U.S version as well as the pictures of this one dungeon of the game would be unedited. Tokyo Mirage did come out during a time when Nintendo was more active in censoring their games, but it seems that the Nintendo of today is different from before. Whether the Encore version would be the unedited version of Tokyo Mirage with additional content is something I am going to have to wait and see.

POKEMON SWORD AND POKEMON SHIELD
The most favorite feature they showed off was the customization of the avatar. It looks like there are more options to choose from this time in terms of clothes and hairstyles, so much so in fact that by the end of it you can create an entirely different character (although that was the case in the gen 7 games as well when I think about it). What’s more you can even have the female avatar wear the same outfit as the sexy water gym leader, Rurina (Nessa). ^_^ I am kind of deciding whether this time I should actually go with customizing the female avatar to create an original character or just stick with the default. However I would need to see the options available, and that is something I know that is not going to happen from the start of the game. Maybe in my other play through.
Another thing I liked was seeing the pokémon interact with each other in the pokémon camp feature (plus thinking of the ideas I could play with this in my fanfic of Sword/Shield). That was cute and something that was needed I feel (probably stemming from my time playing Dragon Quest 11 plus a discussion with a twitch/youtuber user that discuss matters concerning Pokémon).
The only down side for me was the introduction of more new pokémon. I much rather discover the new pokémon for myself instead of the introducing more. Plus I would much rather see the evolutions the starters to see whether I should stick with my choice (I am choosing the scorbunny) or change my choice.

SUPER NINTENDO GAMES
More so because to me the Super Nintendo has more games I am interested in playing then the Nintendo Entertainment System. Plus I feel I have unfinished business in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island as it’s a game I never could beat when I was a child. It might be different since I am older this time.

ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS
I have already been deciding I was going to pick this up, but watching the promotional video was nice. It’s good to see how far Animal Crossing has come and the changes they have made.

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES DEFINITIVE EDITION
This made the direct for me. I thought it would be nice if the original Xenoblade game was ported to the Switch, but I never thought much if this would happen. Xenobalde Chronicles is one of my top favorite games I have played and I am so glad I get to replay the game on the Switch. Furthermore the extra scene that was shown I later learn it’s from content that was cut from the original game, so that means more new areas to explore as well as new character interactions. Plus with Xenoblade Chronicles on the Switch I can take pictures of the characters outfits which is something I have been wanting to do (since there are certain outfits I can not find online).

For anyone who has seen the direct what games are you looking forward to, if at all? Als how did you all feel about this direct overall?

Edit: I forgot one announcement concerning Super Smash Bros. Ultimate that I am looking forward to which is more DLC fighters coming in the future after the five main ones. I am glad to learn more characters are going to be added to Smash after the 5th DLC, but I am concern over Masahiro Sakurai health with this process.

Users who are viewing this thread