Nishino ~ The Boy at the Bottom of the School Caste and Also at the Top of the Underground - Ch. 3 - File.003 The Normal and The Handsome

Damn, the way conversation being executed is bad, confusing, and not making any sense

Dex-chan lover
so I don't get it - did Rose have sex with the other guy or not? Or did the classmate simply say "I love Rose, let me go after her" and then our beta MC imagined them having sex?

Double-page supporter
I been trying to give it a chance but this story is bad. Real bad... We dont even know how he got his powers, why hes working the underground with his powers (as a school student) and we dont even know why that big tit lady is wanting him to work for her or why shes even chasing him or even how she found out about him in the first place. Chapter 2 was so bs it still didnt explain anything. Nothings making sense other than we know hes super OP.

Also why did he imagine them having sex ? All he had to say is, I dont raelly know her, and leave. Cause its true, she means nothing to him, he barely knows her (its not NTR at this stage peoples). Hell I dont even know why the loli is chasing him, other that it appears she works for the big tits lady.

Time to drop I guess.

Dex-chan lover
@LysandersTreason Its quite hard to understand without reading the novel. The manga skipped past this part really quickly and basically left out a whole day of events.
The basic outline is: MC coincidentally meets Rose, they go get lunch, meet Ikeman's group and disband. No karaoke.
Next day, at the rooftop, Ikeman asks MC if MC has a relationship with Rose and MC denies it, but just like in this chapter he uses the words 'that woman' when referring to Rose. Ikeman gets mad, shouts at MC and leaves. Nothing new.
But the next day, after school, Rose waits for MC and decides to walk home with him. Ikeman sees this, gets jealous and only now does he invite her to karaoke.
Next day, MC is working on the 10 signs he has to write, Ikeman pulls him to the rooftop again and tells MC that he 'did' Rose after the karaoke. Nothing really happens and MC returns to class. He starts thinking about his future and how bleak it will be with nobody beside his bed at his death and he decides to become more proactive by trying to help his classmates. He gets rejected and realizes that his appearance is at fault, but the class prez does not confront him, he just goes to the bar and gets work from Marquis. Also, there is no rock band guy yet, and I don't think there will be since the novel already moved onto the events of the day after where this chapter left of.

There's a mistranslation causing confusion. It's not "ヤツだわ” (that guy), but ”ヤッたわ” I did it (i.e. sex). on this page https://mfbunkoj.jp/special/nishino/ If you scroll down to 竹内君 (Takeuchi-kun) You can see "俺、ローズちゃんとヤッたわ” (I did it with Rose-chan.)

@GurenNoOu Yeah, besides that mistranslation I think the manga itself has (so far) done a fairly poor job of adapting the novel into the manga medium. There's too much that isn't conveyed, or is confusing, or easy to misinterpret if you only have the manga to go by.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone so far, including the main characters, is either an asshole or has no visible personality. Everything just feels flat.

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna agree that it's actually ヤッたわ and that means 'did it (sex)'. Good effort on the translation tho even if still hard to read at places.

Dex-chan lover
@LysandersTreason The MC didn't really confront Rose about it but he did meet her in the bar afterwards and kinda suggested towards Rose doing the deed with Ikemen, but she didn't know what the MC was talking about. Its vague and she might have just played dumb.
That's probably what the MC was thinking, as he thought of her as being 'black', most likely meaning guilty.

I personally really doubt that the Ikemen did it with Rose. Its probably him just boasting and spreading rumors so that others think that Rose is his.

Group Leader
@Fitz I see it does really make sense if I read it that way. I might have overlooked it my bad. I'll fix that one later.

@GemOfDesire No worries. It's easy to pick up on one small thing when you don't have the huge job of translating the whole thing. Thanks for your work!

Dex-chan lover
they tried to make him look like he didn't give a fuck in the first chapter but he's weak af..

Users who are viewing this thread