Nishuume Cheat no Tensei Madoushi 〜Saikyou ga 1000-nengo ni Tensei Shitara, Jinsei Yoyū Sugimashita〜 - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.1

Dex-chan lover
I think that girl is horny.
She intentionally lures thug to bully her, just for the D.

Double-page supporter
oh yes I see now why it's rated so low

yes finally a mc with a name like mine but....this is a cliche reincarnation story again..

Dex-chan lover
I have a suspicion someone's actually written a 'How to Isekai' guidebook, and this author is simply following the templates in there...

Dex-chan lover
@Chizan : Except that this would not be such a template since reincarnation into the future is not isekai.

Isekai is a Japanese subset of portal fantasy, it is just portal fantasy with a couple extra common tropes meant to cater to a Japanese audience, it is common because in a world with radically different culture and quirks then their own it a) makes it easier for them it identify with the protagonist if he is Japanese (being from a Japanese like culture is not enough, there is a reason the vast majority of novels in the world have a main character who is form the ethnic group of the intended reader just look at how many US written novels have a white male for the lead character) and b) allows the character to act more in line with their values and customs.

Reincarnation into the same world is not a part of portal fantasy.

That said isekai by its nature, like many genres, has a limited number of ways it can start. Westerns, Detective novels, well really every genre of fiction all have so many skeleton formulas that most works use one of and flesh out, it is just that in isekai there are more immature trolls who keep pointing out those similarities at the start in an attempt to show off their "greatness", instead of comparing the entire work like a mature reader.

What is important for the story, and its originality, is how it develops form the starting point. Take a look at Fairy Tail, there the first 9 chapters are just the 2 primary characters getting to know each other, and it is not till chapter 10 that the core team is assembled and you start seeinf what the series is about. If you took it by its first chapter, like you are doing here, it does look very formulaic, because it is still in introducing the characters and the world. and that is a series that was not meant to go that long (IIRC originally supposed to end at the Phantom Lord arc), where as this is adapted (likely through a LN) from a webnovel that has over 170 chapters. Same with Naruto the first few chapters are very formulaic if you actually look into them.

Mahou Sensei Negima is an very good example of how you can not properly judge a series from its first few chapters, since the author was kind of type cast and in order to get the series published needed to sell it as a different genre and slowly morph it into what he wanted, the first few chapters look very different form the stuff half way through the series, .

Fed-Kun's army
This manga is really similar with
The Reincarnation Magician of the Inferior Eyes manga

It even has the same thing with color showing potential, except there it's the color of peoples eyes. Same there with the golden being the strongest color (and also thought being the weakest).
Btw you can also find that manga on mangadex, and I can recommend it to people who dig these types of stories
(ofc I bet most readers have already found that before this)

NO... author should not bring the virgin-MC here... he should be old enouf to endure that right ? lol. Anyway, this manga has been underrated haiz, can't understand the common taste right now. This is much better than the dungeon builder with the loli dragon... cute ? fuck that LOL

Group Leader
Ah yes, the isekai staple of "I was just nearly raped, but let me immediately forget about that entirely and start being bubbly and flirty towards this complete stranger!"
I don't know if isekai heroines have the shortest memory imaginable, are unbelievably good at repressing memories of something that literally just happened, or if isekai authors simply don't know how to write realistic characters, particularly female characters.
My vote is probably #3.

Aggregator gang
ok, so another "this world now has low standard for magic" story.
Let's see how author develop it.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh wow. A perfectly placed ground imperfection to cause the lady to hit his chest on the mc.

Anyways thanks tl.

This is yet another work where the protagonist reincarnates while assuming everything will be better in the future. Someone needs to make a short gag work where everyone in the world knows reincarnation magic, but society falls apart because everyone is too busy reincarnating to do anything else. This continues until the heat death of the universe. The end.

Dex-chan lover
@ProfileGuy @Oryangatan @talas - can I have more links? Gotta catch them all!

@Qelix - I haven't read the other stories yet, but for people like Strongest Sage and this guy, there is no reason to assume their old world was like the current one in social matters. From what little fragments we know about Strongest Sage's old world, it was a world like our own, but with magic for everything. And yet it changed to pseudo-renessaince world.
We don't know anything about this guy's old world, except that it had an empire. We don't know much about his current world either, except that people of their age are considered old enough to go to another city unsupervised, and public order is bad.

Fed-Kun's army
I call it total BS that the guy survived even though mc basically turned him into an ice block

I hope this isn't one of those mangas where the mc for whatever reason won't kill his opponents even though it would make the most sense in that situation

Users who are viewing this thread