Nishuume Cheat no Tensei Madoushi 〜Saikyou ga 1000-nengo ni Tensei Shitara, Jinsei Yoyū Sugimashita〜 - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.3

What the hell is wrong with isekai teachers and their last unsolvable question in tests?

Dex-chan lover
@Balrend I see it as a Hail Mary it's a question they themselves are trying to solve. If someone fresh faced student with a different perspective can solve it awesome.
If they can't it serves as a way to humble them and to show just how far they can still strive to achieve.

Dex-chan lover
"Far from good" has a negative connotation and sounds like he's lacking. It should be something like beyond good.

You know, a lot of this derivative crap at least gives a decent spectacle for us to look at, but this just comes off as kinda bland and uninteresting. It's not the worst drawn action scene I've read, but it still comes off as probably the least interesting.

https://mangadex.org/title/36284/the-reincarnation-magician-of-the-inferior-eyes
https://mangadex.org/title/21901/sh...sara-ni-tsuyokunaru-tame-ni-tensei-shimashita
These have basically the exact same premise (especially the inferior eyes guy), but they at least have action scenes that are fun to look at. They also make an effort to explain why magic deteriorated so quickly.

1000 years is a long time, but not enough for people to completely forget the very basics of magic. Pretty much all of us still know that you can start a fire by rubbing sticks together even if most of us can't. I'll give this a pass on that since it's only been 2 chapters though.

@Balrend
1) Future reincarnation, not isekai.
2) It's an easy way to show that the MC is so much smarter than everyone else in addition to being able to curbstomp the world by himself. It also takes no effort on the author's part to actually portray the MC as being intelligent.
3) "Oh my God! This impossible question is really some basic shit from X years ago!" It's a paint by numbers thing where authors change enough to be considered a "different" story while trying to copy as much as they can hoping to grab whatever made the series they're copying popular.

Fed-Kun's army
Would like to see him train the old man in body strengthening magic and then letting him go ham... xD

@Balrend Typical "reincarnated in the same world and they forgot how all good magic"-trope :D 9 out of 10 of this mangas have that one :D

Defeats a teacher, shows obvious superiority in magic skills, "We'll let you be a student"

Wtf???? These kinds of plots never make sense.

Double-page supporter
Yeah I think at that point I would have hauled his ass into the headmasters office and offered him a teachers position.

Fed-Kun's army
Nice I like this one I hope the next chapter will come out soon. Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

This exact sequence... I've lost count of how many times it's been used

Users who are viewing this thread