Nito no Taidana Isekai Shoukougun ~Saijaku Shoku "Healer" nano ni Saikyou wa Cheat desu ka?~ - Ch. 32.1

Dex-chan lover
I would prefer slow updates of full chapters.

It depends on the publisher, but I don't think it's about anyone's health. If the publisher charges a fee to access each update, then they can nickel and dime their customers to death by cutting the price and chopping the chapters into small pieces.

For example... $1 for a full chapter... vs... 50cents per update, but chapters are chopped into multiple chunks.

If a chapter only has 2 parts they make the same amount of money, so no big deal.
If they chop it into 3 parts, they get an extra 50 cents for a single chapter.
If the chapter gets cut into 4 parts, then they make two chapters worth of money off of a single chapter.

So the result of chopping up chapters is...
  1. Updates show up on their site more often driving people to view the site more often (and potentially stumble upon more content they will pay for).
  2. The price per update is smaller, so people are more likely to give in and pay for it.
  3. They can rake in the profits by chopping the chapter into tiny pieces, so even though the price per update is smaller, they're making way more per chapter than they originally would.
it honestly depends on chapter size, aka page count.

Also, the main reason they split chapters is for having a consistent and frequent upload rate, they could just, label them as full chapters and call it cliff-hangars where it ends off, but they mark it as split for volume release afaik. The numbers are just that: numbers.

P sure they charge by page count, so a 30 page chapter would cost more than a 15 page chapter for example, not a flat "per release" thing like your theoretical situation is.

Also, they are already multi-charging people:
if you buy digitally, you still need to buy again for the volume release. which could have updated art, the bonus chapters, etc.

Dex-chan lover
Momo looking head ass
images

Dex-chan lover
Isn't keratin the health & beauty stuff?
what are they doing? Make the town fabulous?

Dex-chan lover
Mc gonna flood the area with goddes' tears
Tears of the Goddess is to volatile. Just use the black hole, he can target what he wants.

Target any monster higher than 2 meters. That will clean up whole lot of enemies and no carcass to rezz.

Dex-chan lover
Guys; seriously?
A third of this chapter was just plugging your group!

Now, I love LHT, and I even proofread for them, but breaking up chapters, and having 4 out of 13 pages be adverts for the group?

Come ON....

Double-page supporter
Oh man... I really hate fragmented chapters !
But at the same time, I don't want the author to ruin his health.
Sadly, fragmented chapters are usually the result of the publishers as they want to increase the number of interaction for their sites. The mangaka always have to give the full chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread